Author Topic: Brine Container  (Read 8948 times)

TmanEater

• Model #2 Owner
Re: Brine Container
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 03:07:34 AM »
Went to Sam's Club, asked at the pastries/deli area if they had any empty cake icing containers....received two 32lb containers, approx 7.5 in. bottom LENGTH ( and 9.5 in. at top) x 9.5 in bottom WIDTH (and 11.5 in. at top) by 15 in. HEIGHT.   Will work well for brining 2x butts.    Food-Grade "5"

All for the great price of FREE-99

Jody, I did this about a year ago too. Does the container look like the ones in my photo here?
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=2581.msg18029#msg18029

Just make sure and tell them you aren't using it for "food" storage or they won't give them to you. I actually put my meat and brine in large 2.5 gallon baggies and use the container as a catch-all just in case something happens to the brine bag. It works well for packer briskets. I have some smaller food grade containers for pork butt brining.
Smokin Newbie starting Dec. 2014... Learning Lazy-Q As Fast as I can!
Smokin-It 2, HeaterMeter PID
Monitor my live smokes at http://bbq.tonylyne.com

Tony from Marion, IA

cogGrease

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »
The blue buckets at Lowe's are #2 HDPE, which are the same exact as the food grade buckets. I have one five gallon and two two gallon buckets with lids for under $10. In my book that's a no brainer!
Bill in OHIO
#3 bypassed & Aubered
24" fire pit grill
Barrel grill/smoker

NVW-SSV

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 03:07:59 PM »
TMan, I'm pretty sure I looked through the forum and found your post BEFORE I went to find these freebies - - -  thanks for the idea......WORKED perfectly for the butts I'm cooking tonight for NYEve party tomorrow

Jody
Jody from western NC

Smokin' It #2 - Auber 1200 & bypassed
3.5D Wifi (07/18)