Author Topic: Location of Permanent Probe on Model 1  (Read 2259 times)

Gary

• Newbie in terms of actual smoking experience/
Location of Permanent Probe on Model 1
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:50:30 PM »
I am installing permanent mount tomorrow on my model 1.. Just want to double check. Will I have it right if I place it in the middle and down just below the top rack?
Gary J. Groman
a.k.a. The Ole Seagull

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise,
let your mind dwell on these things." (Philippians 4:8)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Location of Permanent Probe on Model 1
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »
Gary, while there is a video with that location, the majority go with center and 1" from the top. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 01:33:19 AM »
Hi Gary, I also have a #1 and placed my permanent wall probe on the left side of the center support and 1 1/4" from the top. When you get inside and all the insulation is out, you can see the top. I measured from right underneath the insulation on the top shelf. Sorry but did not take any photos as it looks like all the others.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 07:27:27 PM »
Go 1 - 1 1/4" below the top.  Any lower, and you will find yourself jamming meat into it. ???
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!