Author Topic: www.spiceologist.com  (Read 5692 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
www.spiceologist.com
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:43:02 PM »
Just got a gift pack of these from my wife.  I think it was someones birthday.

http://spiceologist.com/collections/rubs

If anyone has any experience let me know.  I'll fill in with my results over the months.  I hate to deviate over from the norm, but maybe this was her "hint" to me.

She found them on www.woot.com wine section.

For those that might not know, woot is amazon owned and changes items everyday in different categories.   
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: www.spiceologist.com
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:53:18 PM »
John, they look like really good ingredients, and no MSG (a plus, for me).  But, boy are they proud of them!  $12 for 4 oz.?  Yikes!  :o It may be worth it, but I'll await your review!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

spiceologist

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 02:36:56 PM »
Hi John,

Your wife has awesome taste.   ;)  I'm excited to hear what you think of the rubs.  We've worked hard over the past 2 years to come up with blends that are not the typical stuff (brown sugar and salt) and hope you enjoy them.  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about them or want alternate use ideas.  Because they are low sugar/salt and no funky additives, they can be used in tons of ways.  I like smoking raw cashews mixed with Smoky Honey Habanero and butter.  They come out like candy and are crazy addictive.  Anyway, enjoy!

Regarding the comment on the pricing, they jar is a 9 ounce by volume jar, so although it's only 4+ ounces of net weight product, you are still getting a TON of spice for the price.  My 2 cents....which is not redeemable for cash.  :)

Stay Spicy!
Heather
Co-Founder Spiceologist

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 03:27:14 PM »
John, better check all your equipment for tracking devices, you're being followed.  LOL! 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »
Hey John,

Thanks for posting, a bit on the pricy side for everyday smoking, but I really like the ingredients in the rubs. I think I will put this on my Xmas list for some of my friends!

Greg

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 07:37:34 PM »
I’ll give this stuff a thumbs up.  Tried the “Chile Margarita” tonight.   Impressed when I opened it, it smelled just like I expected.   What is a bonus is, salt is the LAST ingredient!

Griswold “fried” potatoes
Port mushrooms, large caps

Pecans and almonds on the smoker!

My hunch is Heather is taking the preverbial back flip on my use of the spice mix.

Jerk chicken and ribs when time allows!
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 07:12:30 PM »
Looks very tasty!

Thanks for sharing John.

Greg

KY Smoke

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 10:27:54 PM »
It may hurt a little, but I may just have to order a jar of Chile Margarita and Cowboy Crust, just for Grilling!  A Ribeye with a dusting of Cowboy Crust sounds awesome!  I like using espresso in steak seasoning already, so a "win/win" for us!

But like others noted, I can't see smathering a 12 lb. brisket with any of these, or afford to for that fact!  Although most likely would be very, very good!  ;)

Will keep you all posted.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 11:02:17 PM »
At $48 per pound, I'll pass.  Rather spend that money on bulk spices, and make my own!  Better yet, that's a big packer brisket! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 06:19:11 AM »

smokeasaurus

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »
Too rich for my blood.
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top