Author Topic: Newbi from MA.  (Read 6955 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Newbi from MA.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 10:33:43 PM »
Hey Al, Welcome from Kansas City, I just had my ribs tonight and was my first smoke. The flavor was awesome, but I messed up the bark by leaving it too long after add sauce. As had to take some of the ribs to my Dad's so mine was like mush. Also when I cut the ribs the bark came off. One other thing I learned pull the membrane off the back of the ribs. I did not do this and really am sorry I did not pull it off. But, you will enjoy it. Another reminder do the season smoke.

Bill, a really easy way to remove the membrane is to start in the middle!  Use a butter knife, and work it under the membrane from side-to-side, in the middle of the rack.  When you create a pocket, grab it like a handle, and pull the whole membrane off in one motion!  It takes me less than 2 minutes to pull the membranes off of 3 racks!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Newbi from MA.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 10:51:06 PM »
Thanks Tony, Also these ribs was the two packed ones. Not sure if will buy them again. They did have the small piece of meat on the back but suppose can still get the membrane off without bothering that meat. If not will just put a little rub on it and add it to the smoker.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri