Author Topic: bayou classic 5011 marinade injector  (Read 3382 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
bayou classic 5011 marinade injector
« on: June 14, 2015, 04:00:42 PM »
Just received my injector, and it came with extra o-rings. Now really need the SI-#1. But, wanted to pass this along as have seen some post where the o-rings are wearing out.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: bayou classic 5011 marinade injector
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »
You're getting "geared up" for arrival!  Nice, Bill!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »
#1 should arrive tomorrow, I hope it gets here early. Went to Sam's today found some choice brisket for 3.38perlb. Picked up two of those both was over 14lbs. Also found a Boston Butt roast right at 7lb. and couple slab of ribs. I went a little crazy as they had 2 large frenchs mustard bottles together for $4. Could not pass that up. Back to my train of thought normally ups delivers to me around 6 or 7 in the evening.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 10:54:29 PM »
Wow, you sound like me on a Sam's run!  LOL! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

elkins20

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 11:00:33 PM »
I split the briskets and packaged them in freezer paper. They all weighed a little over 7 lbs. So have 4 briskets, and found some chuck roasts in the freezer that I need to smoke also. Was a good day to hit Sam's also overheard the butcher tell another customer that they would put out more briskets in the am. May have to take another trip. Really cannot believe the difference in price from choice to prime. The ones I purchased was choice and USDA grade still in cryowrap

DivotMaker

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »
Go with Choice, when you can Bill.  Prime is good, but not worth the extra $$!
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 08:37:50 PM »
That is what the butcher said at Sam's. Can you believe I found an honest person. The good thing is they were $3.68 lb. can't beat that. The rest was $6.48.lb and could not see paying that much. The ones I purchase was USDA grade and really looked nice.

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 08:45:34 PM »
The ones I purchase was USDA grade and really looked nice.

Bill,

"USDA grade" is not actually the "grade" of the meat.  USDA standards are Prime, Choice and Select.  Prime is the highest grade, and a very small percentage of US beef is graded Prime (why it's so expensive).  USDA Choice is really the best deal; not much of a difference in Prime and Choice, but big cost difference.  Stay away from USDA Select, unless you're just grinding it for meatloaf or something.
Tony from NW Arkansas