Author Topic: Length of ribs  (Read 9225 times)

Tundra4fun

Length of ribs
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
I have just ordered my Little Guy.  I am anxious to get it to start smokin!  Can you help me with what is the best way to cut the Baby Backs to fit and can I overlap them?

BHamel

• Administrator
Re: Length of ribs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:55:29 PM »
I recommend buying the rib hooks!  Cut the ribs in half and hang them vertically under the top rack!  That way you get the full amount of smoke over every rib.

Ben
Smokin-It IT guy!
Model #3 owner!
Ben from Ohio
Smokin-it IT guy!
Owner of a Model #3
If you can't smoke it!  You shouldn't be eating it!!

psoltesz

• Model #1 Owner
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »
Rib hooks work well, or an upright rib rack.  I find I can get 3-4 full slabs of BB ribs into the Model #1 by cutting them in half, placing two halves (one full slab) onto the bottom smoker rack in the lowest position, then using an upright rib rack on the upper smoker rack (in the middle position).

I use the Brinkman Pro Q rib rack.  Fits perfectly in the Model #1, and can hold many slabs o' ribs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBQ-Rib-Rack-ProQ-Pro-Q-New-/120788320195#vi-content
I'm your huckleberry...

Tundra4fun

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »
Great,  I will try these methods.  Othere than a huge party sounds like the Little Guy will do PLENTY!

Rob Babcock

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:39:58 AM »
I will probably get the rib hooks eventually.  I have the #3 so whole slabs fit fine but I find it's often better to cut 'em in half anyways.  Most of my family can't eat an entire rack and cutting them in half gives me a little more surface area to smoke.