Author Topic: Apple Rose Puff Pastries  (Read 4380 times)

RG

Apple Rose Puff Pastries
« on: May 13, 2015, 03:56:47 PM »
These were done by my better half on one of the kegs. Very creative and tasty. She took puff pastry and brushed the inside with a little apricot jam and then rolled them up with thin apple slices and baked them on the keg. When done, she drizzled a little warm caramel sauce on them and dusted with powdered sugar. Talk about something good!!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Apple Rose Puff Pastries
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
Those look awesome. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

1stlink

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 06:50:04 AM »
There should be a law against showing pictures like those. I'm very jealous now and may have to go buy a keg & a wife that does Q.. LOL

On a serious side, those look downright delicious.  ;D

mizzoufan

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 09:55:03 AM »
Hmm, keg maybe but I don't know about the wife part LOL
Steven from KCMO

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 07:36:42 PM »
Oh man, those look really good!  I envision a variation using Canadian bacon & Swiss cheese instead of apple slices!  Drizzled with BBQ sauce, of course! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 08:03:42 PM »
Oh man, those look really good!  I envision a variation using Canadian bacon & Swiss cheese instead of apple slices!  Drizzled with BBQ sauce, of course! ;)

Although that would be good, I don't think it fits the goal we had in mind of dessert ;D

My vote is that you do it and post it here so we can see how it went! (and drool, lol)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:52:38 PM »
My vote is that you do it and post it here so we can see how it went! (and drool, lol)

I intend to!  I think using something like pie crust, brushed with mixture of BBQ sauce and rub, for the "shell" might work.  Thoughts?  I see an appetizer version of this! 

Don't take it the wrong way - I think the dessert version has to be fantastic!  I just immediately saw a BBQ "meat" version of it, in my head, when I saw the wrapping technique!  What a great BBQ appetizer that would be! ;D   Then, hit the guests with the cool dessert version at the end - they won't know what to think!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Durangosmoker

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 01:07:28 AM »
  Then, hit the guests with the cool dessert version at the end - they won't know what to think!

I Love It! And if you could incorporate the rose theme into the main course as well...?? You would, or course, pour a Rose wine with this meal.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
I like the way you think Tony! I would bet it would have to be done in the oven to get it to brown right. But maybe if you cranked the SI to 300 deg using the Auber it would work. Maybe cook it with chicken which would help the skin too.... hmmm....  8)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

RG

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 12:25:12 PM »
We've made a version similar to what you're talking about Tony. It wasn't rose shaped but rather just a roll up of ham and swiss topped with brown sugar and poppy seeds. Think cinnamon rolls and that should give you the visual.