Author Topic: Pizza Dough No-Knead Recipe (Based on Jim Lahey's Recipe)  (Read 1350 times)

gregbooras

• #3D Smoker
    • View Profile
Pizza Dough No-Knead Recipe (Based on Jim Lahey's Recipe)
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
If you are looking for a real easy pizza recipe, give this on a try. The pizza's turned out good, but my wife said my dough recipe was better.

Pizza Dough No-Knead Recipe ingredients:
•   250 grams (100%) bread flour, plus more for shaping the dough
•   1/8 teaspoon active dry yeast
•   1 ¼ t fine sea salt
•   185 grams water
•   ½ t sugar

Directions:
1.    In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the flour, yeast, salt. Add the water and, with mix with a large spoon until the dough starts to come together into a shaggy ball. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to rise at room temperature for 24 hours.

2.   Flour your counter top and your hands and scrape out the dough. Divide the dough into two equal parts and shape them. For each portion, start with the right side of the dough and pull it toward the center, then do the same with the left, then the top, then the bottom. (The order doesn’t actually matter; what you want is four folds.) Shape each portion into a round and turn seam side down in a floured bowl or proof pan. Cover and allow the dough to rise for one hour.

3.   Flour your counter top and turnout the dough balls. Using your fingertips, gently depress the dough, being careful to leave the other ring alone, this will allow you to get a nice rise in the rim. Stretch into desired size and place on parchment paper. Add sauce and desired toppings and bake in a 550 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.

4.   Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 4-5 minutes.

5.   If you don’t intend to use the dough right away, place the balls on a tray and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Return to room temperature by leaving them out on the counter, covered with plastic wrap, for 2 to 3 hours before needed.
Total weight of dough is 428 grams (each dough ball 214 grams),
this will make 2 9” pies or one large pie.

[/URL]

Greg

RG

Re: Pizza Dough No-Knead Recipe (Based on Jim Lahey's Recipe)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »
Looks excellent Greg!

gregbooras

• #3D Smoker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:39:21 PM »
Hey Jason,

Thanks, overall a nice pizza, but lacking some color and a bit thin in the center for my tastes. But it is really a pretty traditional NY style pizza crusts.

If I make this again, make one pie instead of two and most likely add more sugar or replace the sugar with molasses or brewers malt and add 2-3 olive oil.

Greg
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:33:45 PM by gregbooras »

Barrel99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:38 PM »
Your crust always looks so good!
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

gregbooras

• #3D Smoker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:05:49 PM »
Your crust always looks so good!

Thanks one of my secrets is the Emile stone which come in round and rectangular, I have had both but I like the rec stone.

http://www.amazon.com/Emile-Henry-Rectangular-Baking-Stone/dp/B004VLXMX6/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1428966294&sr=1-2&keywords=emile+henry+pizza+stone

Greg