Author Topic: Smoking for Charity  (Read 4013 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Smoking for Charity
« on: April 12, 2015, 10:36:47 AM »
Last night I was part of a charity dinner to raise money to send kids to camp.  I offered up a complete meal for up to 20 people and it was bid on in live auction.  I was very nervous how it would be received but was very excited when the auctioneer selected the winning bidder at $800.  I had a brief conversation with the winner and it looks like I'll be cooking for their 40 wedding anniversary party in June.

Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

RG

Re: Smoking for Charity
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »
That is awesome Dave!!! Be sure to take pics of the affair when the time comes, I'd love to see your meal being enjoyed by the lucky winners. Very cool indeed ;)

Limey

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
Great idea Dave. Let's hope you can start a trend. Love the flyer.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

Durangosmoker

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »
What a great thing to do.  Hat's off to you for having done this.  Hope you get to enjoy the event, too.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »
+1  great idea!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:11:08 PM »
I'm very impressed, Dave!!  What a great idea!!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

mcinore

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »
Way to go Dave :)
Mike from Oregon
Smokin-it #4
Go Ducks

Barrel99

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 08:08:05 PM »
Dave, what a wonderful thing to do. Warms my heart. And knowing how you cook, their bellies too!
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
It was a very good cause and this is the second year that I have attended the event.  Last year, I just donated some cash but this year I decided to try the live auction part of the event.  Some of those people are crazy and have lots of money.  Being that this was my first year in the event, they placed me last item in the auction.  Maybe next year I can move up in the order so that everyone hasn't spent all there money already.  Someone offered a Scotch tasting party and it went for over $2,000.  That blew my mind but all for a good cause.   8)
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Barrel99

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 10:53:44 PM »
After the feedback people will give from your dinner, I'm sure you will be a hero and get you top billing next time.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!