Author Topic: This Little Piggy  (Read 1958 times)

RG

This Little Piggy
« on: April 04, 2015, 03:10:34 AM »
Hello all! I am new to this place and so far I really like the "community" that you all have built, I can tell that you're all a passionate bunch that love your smokers. While I've only done one cook on my SI#3, I can tell that I am going to love it as much as my other smokers.

To get this "What's Cooking" forum going, I am going to share my first cook with you. The sad part is that I only have ONE picture to share with ya :-[ After I took it out of the smoker, I double wrapped it in foil and put it a faux cambro (little towel lined cooler) to hold until time to eat. Took it over to some friends of ours that we were helping to move for lunch and didn't get any pulled pics >:(

The little piggy was a 6.5# bone in Boston Butt cooked at 225 for a tad over 12 hours. Smoked it with 3oz Cherry and 2oz Hickory (the little dowels that came with the smoker). I brined the butt (doesn't that sound funny?) with DM's famous brine, minus the pink salt, for about 30 hours. Once out of the brine I rinsed it off, patted dry and did my usual routine of applying Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard all over the butt (sounds painful) and then my Wife applied her go to rub that she makes. She's in charge of butt rubbing around here, lol.

At any rate, enough talk, time for the picture.

I am going to post some pics of cooks done on my other smokers/grills and even stuff done in that big square box thing in the kitchen, lol.

I encourage the rest of you to do the same, let's get this "What's Cooking?" started off with a BANG!!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: This Little Piggy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:52:07 AM »
Great looking butt, RG!  Thanks for suggesting this board!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

Re: This Little Piggy
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:22:25 PM »
Great looking butt, RG!  Thanks for suggesting this board!