Author Topic: My No Cook Pizza Sauce  (Read 3851 times)

RG

• View Profile
Re: My No Cook Pizza Sauce
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 11:05:53 AM »
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the kind words, like most recipes, everyone has their own take on what they are looking for in taste and texture.

I hope you like it!

Greg

Greg, I didn't like it all, sorry.

I LOVED IT!!!! Like doesn't come close to how much I LOVE that stuff :) It was just what I was looking for. I am actually freezing a quart of it to take to a buddy in New Orleans when I see him Thursday. He saw the pictures of the pies I made with it and loved the way it looked. I will be making more of this again, that's for damn sure! Thanks for posting this recipe. It will be my go to from now on. I have a few others that I like but this was a nice change of pace. Glad I have it in the recipe vault for sure :)
Jason from Conyers GA

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 01:07:08 PM »
Nice looking pie Bob! I especially like the No Smoking sign in the Blackstone picture.  :P
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

gregbooras

• #3D Smoker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 04:41:23 PM »
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the kind words, like most recipes, everyone has their own take on what they are looking for in taste and texture.

I hope you like it!

Greg

Greg, I didn't like it all, sorry.

I LOVED IT!!!! Like doesn't come close to how much I LOVE that stuff :) It was just what I was looking for. I am actually freezing a quart of it to take to a buddy in New Orleans when I see him Thursday. He saw the pictures of the pies I made with it and loved the way it looked. I will be making more of this again, that's for damn sure! Thanks for posting this recipe. It will be my go to from now on. I have a few others that I like but this was a nice change of pace. Glad I have it in the recipe vault for sure :)

Jason,

Glad you like the sauce, I worked on this version for years and I think it is about as good as it gets.

Greg

RG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
I am resurrecting this topic yet again. The first time I made this sauce was with a big can of San Marzano tomatoes that I had in the pantry from one of my Restaurant Depot runs and it was excellent. The last time I made the sauce it was using Cento from Wal Mart. It was not nearly as good. I haven't been to RD in ages so I am using the same tomatoes that Greg used in the recipe listed. Nina from Costco. I hope I can reproduce the magic from the first batch!
Jason from Conyers GA

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »
Very good recipe for sauce. I let it sit for about a week and the flavor was excellent. Thank you Greg!
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector