Author Topic: New Shelf Holders for Jerky and Sausage!  (Read 7283 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
New Shelf Holders for Jerky and Sausage!
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:54:34 PM »
Steve has new shelf holders, available now, for the Model 1, 2 and 3! 

The Model 1 version gives you 4 shelves (instead of 3), and is $23.99.

The Model 2 and 3 versions give you room for 9 shelves!  They are $28.99 and $33.99, respectively.

Check them out!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:32:45 AM by DivotMaker »
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: New Shelf Holders for Jerky and Sausage!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:15:16 AM »
That price is for the pair? Seems reasonable, but still looking at $30 a rack maybe Christmas....
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

DivotMaker

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 08:09:41 AM »
That price is for the pair.  I'll have to slowly add a few extra shelves!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:34 AM »
This would be great for Jerky.

I may have to get a pair of these.

I am currently trying to find a cheaper alternative to the Seafood shelves to use for Jerky. The amount of space on the standard racks is just too large for many of the pieces of jerky that I smoke.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 03:26:09 PM »
You can cover your standard racks with that quarter inch mesh available at farm stores. I believe it is used to make rabbit hutches and things like that. I don't own any but borrowed some it works fine even for jerky out of the cannon.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 07:18:44 PM »
You can cover your standard racks with that quarter inch mesh available at farm stores. I believe it is used to make rabbit hutches and things like that. I don't own any but borrowed some it works fine even for jerky out of the cannon.

Yeah, that should work as long as it is not galvanized I guess. I will have to look at my local Mills Fleet Farm store. We have others too around here if they don't have it.

Good suggestion Brian.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

foodeefish

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 04:43:43 PM »
 :-\Can someone explain what the difference between what the #3 comes with and what these are?? Are these the  metal pieces on each side to support the shelves?

If I order the model#3 in the coming weeks can I get it with the shelving that holds 9 shelves?

I am a bit confused.
Thnx

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 05:41:56 PM »
Yes, Fish, these are the shelf supports that attach to the sides.  The #3, and #2 racks hold 5 shelves.  I'm not sure if you can swap them out at ordering.  Email Steve and ask.  These are new, but that's a great question!
Tony from NW Arkansas

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 01:55:35 AM »
I just ordered the #3 9-shelf Side Rail assembly, 5 seafood racks, and a Jerky Dryer.

Gotta get ready for the upcoming Deer Hunting season! :)

I looked around and found some cheaper alternatives for the seafood shelves, but they were all a bit less than ideal, so I just decided to spring for them and hope that they last a long time and pay for themselves.

Lots of times we end up doing smaller slices that just don't fit that well on the standard grates. So, having the ability to use some of my standard grates along with the 5 seafood grates, I should easily be able to run a whole batch (typically 25lbs) of jerky in one batch.

I have been wanting the Jerky Dryer for some time, and look forward to using it for Jerky, sausage, and snack stix.
Gregg - Fargo, ND

DivotMaker

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
Sounds like you'll have the perfect setup, Gregg!  Thanks for the price update - must have been corrected on the site after I posted. 
Tony from NW Arkansas