Author Topic: Any Specials going on or in the works??  (Read 8561 times)

Firebug

Any Specials going on or in the works??
« on: June 29, 2014, 02:28:20 AM »
Hello,

I have read that Smokin It offers specials with extra items.  Does anyone know of any deals right now or have you recieved any notification of any upcoming specials?

I am interested in ordering but I'm in no hurry since I have three stick burners and a large pellet smoker.  Hoping to purchase when the next deal comes around.

Thanks!!

mnsmoker

Re: Any Specials going on or in the works??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »
Call Steve at SI and ask I bet he will throw you something. I was like you 6 months ago 2 stick burners and vertical propane, started looking into pellet burners and came really close to pulling the trigger on the Yoder 640, really glad I didn't. These electric smokers are so easy and fool proof it's amazing, I'll put 2 pork butts in and leave for 12 hours and come home to amazing Q, and with the addition of the Auber controller it bumps it up to almost perfect IMO, I have never regretted my purchase of the #2 now I'm smoking 2-3 days a week....lazy q at it's finest!!!! Hang out on the forum and you'll be converted in no time!!!
Jim from Minnesota

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 01:22:24 PM »
Hi Firebug!  You've found the right place to learn about these incredible smokers.  You won't believe how easy really, really good Q can be!  The one thing I really like, over "traditional" smokers (other than the simplicity), is that you get a "true" wood smoke flavor, and you can really focus on the meat prep.  This brings out the smoke and seasoning flavor like you wouldn't believe.

Give Steve a shout, or text him at 260-417-9951.  Great guy, and a great company!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:48 PM »
Hey Firebug, you won't regret picking up one of these smokers. It really is easy to produce some great Q without having to stand by and monitor your smoker all day.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

moelkhuntr

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »
I'm also waiting on the 4th July specials. Really want a cover or rib rack but we will see what they offer.
Cattle farmer, hunter & fisherman

DivotMaker

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
Looks like Steve will be including a black cover, starting July 4th!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 10:28:20 PM »
Just my two cents... I held out for black Monday and rib hooks. when I hang the ribs it causes those closest to the burner to be too done so after six months I tossed them.

It's not a bad thing.... Just not for me. I'm just suggesting consider making the purchase and learn what you may need.

Obviously a cover is a winner.

Lilly flavor savor ok.... But I learned hanging it was no good... Had to cut the tabs off to be able to slide next to the heater element to increase the moisture.

Also if getting an Auber... See if you can get the permanent mount probe from the Auber so you don't have to buy it separate.
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 10:37:49 PM »
Good point about the rib hooks, Steve! I don't know of anyone who has used them successfully.  I was hesitant to get them for 2 reasons:  First, what you mentioned (uneven cooking), and secondly, the racks breaking and falling to the bottom!  I cook my ribs to "fall off the bone" tender, so I was afraid the weight of the ribs would pull them apart!  I'd be really ticked-off if I opened the door and all my ribs were lying on the smoke box roasting!  lol.
Tony from NW Arkansas

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 10:54:25 PM »
Yah right ... Or said another way cooking ribs is so easy in these units you have no need for rib hooks.

There are units that use them ... One in a commercial sized smoker the size of a small bedroom... In that case it made good sense. 

So buy the unit fellas.  ???
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

Firebug

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 03:37:29 AM »
Looks like Steve will be including a black cover, starting July 4th!

Nice! I'll be in for that deal.

moelkhuntr

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 08:19:18 AM »
Just waiting on the word to order!
Cattle farmer, hunter & fisherman

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 02:51:19 PM »
My kids got me the rib rack for the #2 for Father's Day.  Holds up to 3.5 racks of ribs, and I love it!   Ribs have never been better...
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 05:09:10 PM »
I think the rib rack would be a lot more useful than the rib hooks that Steve often tries to give away.

I think he has a ton of them that no one is ordering and is trying to get rid of them. ;)

I have a rib rack that I used to use in my old smoker and on the grill. But with the #3, I have yet to need it and doubt that I ever will.

For anyone with a #1 or #2, I could see it being pretty useful.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 06:13:56 PM »
My plan is to put my free rib hooks in the vice and fashion them into shorter sausage hooks. I don't think my #3 is tall enough to hang ribs.

I appreciate the gift of the hooks and chip screen, but would have still bought the smoker without them. In fact I had to delete the screen from my cart I had already added it before I read the special notice.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

DivotMaker

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 08:55:59 PM »
I think the rib rack would be a lot more useful than the rib hooks that Steve often tries to give away.

I think he has a ton of them that no one is ordering and is trying to get rid of them. ;)

I have a rib rack that I used to use in my old smoker and on the grill. But with the #3, I have yet to need it and doubt that I ever will.

For anyone with a #1 or #2, I could see it being pretty useful.

The rib rack is cool, but I can actually fit 3 1/2 racks in a #1, on 4 shelves.  That ain't bad for the little guy!
Tony from NW Arkansas