Author Topic: Cleaning the racks  (Read 8911 times)

kz0m

• Carl
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning the racks
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 02:10:25 PM »
Model 3D racks didn't fit in the sink or dishwasher.  I tried a dish bus tub, only half fit.  Finally decided to try something else, a washer pan from home depot shown here:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Washing-Machine-Pan-34067/100080446

I can fit over 6 racks in this pan, probably more.  I give the racks a good soak with water and they just need a small scrape with a wire brush.  May not be practical in winter cold areas but it works great to get racks cleaned up.  Pam would make the job even easier.  I'm working on another rack cleaner project and will post when it's finished, if it works ;-))

Carl
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 02:19:48 PM by kz0m »
Carl-D/FW area of Texas.  Model #3D on top of Sears Craftsman tool cart.

Durangosmoker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 08:26:36 PM »
I'm of the soak in a mortar tub school, and I've also found that a Magic Eraser works wonders for cleaning the racks. Mine look practically brand new.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

mizzoufan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 08:40:05 AM »
dang, you guys are making me reconsider my idea of eventually upgrading to a #3 (probably 3D).  I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't put the racks and side rails in the dishwasher.  I guess I could try the threat that I won't use the smoker anymore unless my roomies do the cleanup, but I'm not sure they'd believe me.
Steven from KCMO

NDKoze

• Gregg - Fargo, ND
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 02:44:51 PM »
I put my #3 racks in my dishwasher all the time. They stick out just a little bit (maybe 1"-2", but as I close the door of the dishwasher they slide up the door wall and the door closes without issue. I run the dishwasher on the Heavy Duty with high heat dry and my racks come out very clean.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 that has now replaced the Masterbuilt XL and 10+ Year-Old Big Chief. I also have a Weber Genesis Gas Grill, Weber Little Smokey at home and a Chargriller Deluxe (stick burner) and Camp Chef Three Burner Stove with Grill/Griddle out at the lake place.