Author Topic: Baker's Math Kitchen Scale - KD8000 Scale by "My Weight"  (Read 8097 times)

Nimrod

Re: Baker's Math Kitchen Scale - KD8000 Scale by "My Weight"
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 11:24:31 PM »
Lots of choices out there but after looking again I placed an order for the 8000.  My choice was based on the perceived need and intended use for sausage making and (eventually) gradient brining but Im confident it will get the job done for all my future smoking projects.  I've had a small personal kitchen scale for weighing wood but see this larger scale as a must have for accurate processing and tackling some things on my list.
Dave from Lufkin, TX
Smokin-It #2
Weber Genesis and one shop built offset (certified) sanctuary for red wasps

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 08:21:35 PM »
Glad to help, Dave!  Let me know how you like it!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

lbnaz

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 12:54:25 PM »
Ultimate54.... Stability hasn't been an issue. I use it when I am making jerky and have my brining container with meat Or brining solution Liquid. I make sausage as well and wanted the higher weight capacity of the scale 22lb. Anyway, I'm sure the Bakers math scale will be fine choice also.
Larry
Corning,NY
SI #3 with Heatermeter
Wilmington Grill Cape Fear

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 03:19:10 PM »
Larry, I wouldn't think there would be any issues with stability, on the 54, if the weight is centralized in a container.  I was only concerned about uneven, whole, cuts of meat you would try to weigh (lopsided).  I also like that it has a higher weight.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Nimrod

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »
lbnaz.....The 54 definitiely has one of the higher weight capacities of the several scales I looked at and I think both the 54 and 8000 are among the best.  With the universe of choices out there, its interesting that there havent been other opinions "weigh" in ;)
Dave from Lufkin, TX
Smokin-It #2
Weber Genesis and one shop built offset (certified) sanctuary for red wasps