Author Topic: Steaks  (Read 11322 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Steaks & Chops
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »
So...  what about 1inch bone in pork chops?    Just turn all the way up until an internal temp of 145?  I have some homemade tater salad in the fridge...  was figurin' for a down and dirty weeknight meal smoked pork chops and tater slad...  I'm in no hurry just enjoying a few brews on the porch while the smokin-it does its thing.

Pork chops....mmmm!  I found this recipe on Jeff Phillips' site, and they look incredible!  Haven't had the time to try them yet, but see what you think...

http://www.smoking-meat.com/may-16-2013-smoked-pork-chops-extra-thick

Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
Re: Steaks
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 07:55:30 PM »
Cool...  I'll check it out but if these taste as good as they look... I'll be eatin' good tonight!
Why reinvent the wheel?  Get yer smoke on....
Smokin' with the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for about a year.... Model 3 for a minute... Monitoring with the iGrill with the Android App... :D

DivotMaker

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 07:58:18 PM »
Wow!  That looks incredible!  I know you're about to dig in, so give us your prep when your belly is tight.  ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »
With all this good food, they should sell pants with stretchable waist bands on the Smokin It site.  They can even put their logo on it for advertising purposes.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:52:07 AM by Smokster »
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

DivotMaker

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 07:47:30 AM »
With all this good food, the should sell pants with stretchable waist bands on the Smokin It site.  They can even put their logo on it for advertising purposes.

I think you're on to something!  Steve could sell a whole line of logo'd items - stretchy pants, t-shirts, hats, etc!  I'd be in on that!
Tony from NW Arkansas

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »
We could come up with some phrases, a product line, then ask for royalties.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

McSev2010

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »
Ranch House BBQ & Steakhouse in Washington state is known for their BBQ rib eye.  They use a whole beef rib eye, smoke it at 225F for 1 hour in a 50-50 applewood/cherrywood mix and then they slice it into 1lb (you could do less) steaks and grill to whatever doneness you want. Louis Mueller BBQ in Texas  does them too, but since they have the pro smokers (they use white oak) , they smoke at 375F for 40-60 mins til you get your preference.

St Louis Pork Steak is the signature dish of Charlotte's Rib BBQ in St Louis (naturally).  They use 3/4 inch pork steaks and smoke at 230-240F, but 225F should be ok for an electric like ours. They sear each steak first, about 3 min perside, in a cast iron skillet and then smoke for 3-4 hours done to fork tenderness.

Pork steaks I've seen done at 225F take about 6 hours for a 1 inch pork steak and 4 hours for 1/2 inch. When they come off, they should be plastic fork tender. Then you need to wrap them in foil and cooler them to let them rest. 

Let me know when y'all wanna try some BBQ baloney. :-)  I got that too!

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 09:13:59 AM »
Wow...now that looks like the way to do pork chops and steaks in a smoker....  I tried a regular ribeye and pork chops while they were good, they just weren't as juicy like just cooking completely on the grill. 

Why reinvent the wheel?  Get yer smoke on....
Smokin' with the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for about a year.... Model 3 for a minute... Monitoring with the iGrill with the Android App... :D