Author Topic: Auber vs CyberQ vs custom PID  (Read 10186 times)

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
Re: Auber vs CyberQ vs custom PID
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »
I am really trying to get this thing dialed in. I want to make sure everything is right before I put the cart before the horse. But overall it isn't a hard thing. Just a bunch of I/O signals that the Arudino will translate to temps and send those signals to wifi to whatever device that can interpret that info. Just trying to gather the correct parts before the build. Won't cost that much really since most of the shields are relatively cheap. If it were to become something big then I would get volume pricing to bring down the cost. Or build in-house.
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

bluecatpride

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
Have just received my auber.  When I plug the auber into the wall and the smoker into the auber my heating element will not come on.  Am I doing something wrong?  Help please

rickne

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 01:44:37 PM »
Have just received my auber.  When I plug the auber into the wall and the smoker into the auber my heating element will not come on.  Am I doing something wrong?  Help please

If you have not bypassed the controller, make sure your stock controller dial is turned to 250 (max).  Also, plug both probes into the Auber and hit the on switch on the Auber.  I believe both probes must be plugged in.
Rick  --  The Cornhusker State
Model #3 Jack Daniels Edition (W/ Cart)
Toggle Switch Bypass, Cold weather Cord, Auber PID

bluecatpride

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »
Thanks Rickne.  That solved my problem.