Author Topic: turkey ribs  (Read 4787 times)

hotwire

turkey ribs
« on: October 15, 2016, 10:49:32 AM »
?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: turkey ribs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 03:26:18 PM »
?? is right!  Great to have you with us, hotwire, but your post doesn't make any sense.  Turkeys don't have ribs, like all other foul.

Now that you are here, introduce yourself to the forum the proper way.  Go to the Introductions section and tell us about yourself.  Also, add a first name and town to your signature line. 

We'd love to get to know you, but this was not a stellar "first post."  Thanks
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

hotwire

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:20:19 PM »
good with my #4 not to good with this joe from shep. ky sorry

DivotMaker

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:47:29 PM »
That's OK, Joe!  Great to have you with us!  I thought the post might have been spam, so that's why I questioned it.  What are you trying to ask about?  We'll help however we can!  Except...there's no such thing as turkey ribs. ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

hotwire

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
 :)thank you will get to introductions soon  :-[turkey ribs kuck farms  us pat, us6280311   pre cooked  smoke 225 2hrs   water pan apple juice   bbq s

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:11:47 AM »
:)thank you will get to introductions soon  :-[turkey ribs kuck farms  us pat, us6280311   pre cooked  smoke 225 2hrs   water pan apple juice   bbq s

Aha! Turkey ribs! Looked up Kuck farms. Eek gads those are expensive! Ingredients: Bone in turkey scapula meat, water, salt, sugar, and sodium tripolyphosphate. Says they are fully cooked, so you really just need to reheat them and get some smoke on 'em. You could probably smoke at a lower temperature, like 200 so they don't dry out. I see their website recommends cooking to an internal temperature of 175-180. That's what happens with the lawyers get involved. That is ridiculously high. It is not necessary to cook poultry higher than 165. And since these are precooked, you really shouldn't have to go beyond an internal temperature of 140.

The great thing about smoking is that we can make masterpieces out of the cheapest cuts of meat. And the cheapest cuts have the best flavor! If you are a turkey fan, try brining and smoking a whole turkey next time. Or a turkey breast. You'll be amazed at how good it is.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:13:46 AM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

drains

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 06:25:55 PM »
Only one review on the site so must not be selling many online. The one review is positive though. Kinda pricey then have to ship them in dry ice.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

hotwire

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »
did not cook to 175 in mr.yoshidas sweet teriyaki and sweet thi Chile sauce marinade two hours put on smoker one hour put back in marinade keep it cold back on smoker one or two more times no longer than two hours not dry look up shack in the back FairDale KY sells over 100 cases per week at five ribs for 9.95.                         

hotwire

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 12:45:06 PM »
try GFS

DivotMaker

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 09:33:05 PM »
Yikes!  Cool gimmick, I guess, but I'll definitely stick with pork back ribs at that price!  $80 will buy a whole lot of whole turkey, too!  Just check out some of the turkey recipes, eat some of the best smoked turkey you've ever had, and stick to a pig for real "ribs!" 
Tony from NW Arkansas

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 06:24:48 PM »
+1. Now that you've got the best smoker, lots of experimentation in your future!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide