Author Topic: What other Q sites do you frequent?  (Read 1906 times)

jpowell

• facebook
What other Q sites do you frequent?
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:06:43 PM »
Not to detract from the smokin-it forum, but curious what other sites folks frequent for recipe ideas and such?
Jason
>3D (my 1st ever smoker!) purchased 4/16
>4 Analog acquired from the founder of Auber Instruments in 11/22 with twin internal auber convection fans. Converting to digital with auber AW-WST1510H-W
>IT Guy
>Autocross and track day junkie
>Far Northern Indiana

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: What other Q sites do you frequent?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
I belong to two other forums dedicated to smoking and grilling and such.  I visit regularly and when questions arise, I extoll the virtues of the Smokin-it line of smokers.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

RG

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »
I used to go to the Broil King Keg forum quite a bit back in the day, I was an Admin but things went sour so I for the most part gave that one up, lol. I go to Let's Talk BBQ mostly these days as it's not brand specific. Great place. BBQ Brethern once in a while. Maybe 5 times a year :P

Other than that, I don't do much forum stuff as I once did. I don't even cook as much as I did in the past. From 2011-2015 I grilled/smoked 5 times a week, sometimes more. Now I just do it on occasion to stay in practice mostly.
Jason from Conyers GA

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:36:10 AM »
I check out the topics on https://www.reddit.com/r/smoking/ pretty regularly and occasionally post.  It's mostly stick burners with the majority of the electrics that show up being MES models.  Still... I learn new stuff and help others out every once in a while.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

jpowell

• facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 10:59:39 PM »
I've been spending some time over on amazingribs and smokingmeat. I found out about BBQ brethern recently when I discovered the pitmaster at the now closed Prized Pig posted his pickle recipe. Thanks for the additional suggestions.
Jason
>3D (my 1st ever smoker!) purchased 4/16
>4 Analog acquired from the founder of Auber Instruments in 11/22 with twin internal auber convection fans. Converting to digital with auber AW-WST1510H-W
>IT Guy
>Autocross and track day junkie
>Far Northern Indiana

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 06:15:27 PM »
I'm not a "participating" member of any of the other forums. Even though I might visit various sites for info. I don't have time to be a member of more than this one, and want to focus my spare time on helping SI owners. AmazingRibs.com has really great info, but Meathead is a complete ass when it comes to responding to posts from smoking "novices". It's hard to read the comments on that site, but it does have great info, if you can avoid the comments section at the bottom of the page. Also, Steven Raichlen's web site has a lot of good info with some major science and regional BBQ research behind it. Another favorite is Michael Ruhlman, especially if you are into charcuterie, but also other smoked things and culinary advice in general is great.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide