Author Topic: Brisket & Country Style Ribs Part 2  (Read 2368 times)

Grampy

Brisket & Country Style Ribs Part 2
« on: August 08, 2015, 11:54:05 PM »
This is part 2 of my 2 smoke day. Today I smoked an 18 lb brisket and some country style ribs. I have posted part 1, the brisket, over in the beef section if you are interested in reading about that.

Due to a blood disorder I am on a low iron diet and am restricted from all red meat.  :'( So, while my family was going to be enjoying the brisket for dinner, I decided that I was going to cook me some Country Style (loin) Ribs. These are not actually ribs but they are cut from the end of the pork loin opposed to Country Style Ribs sliced up from a Boston Butt. Started out with a 6 hour brine, then rubbed with Famous Dave's Rib Rub. Put them into the SI#2 with 3.3 oz of hickory at 235 degrees. Cooked them to an internal temperature of 155 degrees (about 2 hours). Then I mixed 1- 6 oz can of pineapple juice with bbq sauce in an aluminum foil pan. Coated the ribs with the pineapple/bbq sauce and left them in the foil pan covered until they came to an internal temperature of 195 degrees (about another 2 hours). Let them rest about 30 minutes.

This ribs turned out tender and moist. While I would have preferred to have been eating the brisket, I did enjoy the country style loin ribs.

Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

drains

Re: Brisket & Country Style Ribs Part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:33:31 AM »
That looks absolutely delicious Jimmy! Sorry about the brisket  but you weren't left totally out of the festivities! Great job and keep on smokin!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 01:44:53 AM »
These look really good also, and so did the brisket.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 10:01:17 AM »
A couple of those over some rice and I would be a very happy camper. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Carp210

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
Jimmy,
I like what you did with that pork.  I will definitely put that in my to do folder. Thanks for sharing .
Dave from SW Pa.  (Steeler,Pirates,Penguins Country)
Weber gas grill, Weber 22.5 Charcoal Smoker
Retired husband and Grandad
Weber Genesis S-330 with Grillgrates
Si model#2, 800 watt, Auber, with fixed probe.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 12:40:45 PM »
Looks great, Jimmy!  Very creative on the ribs! A+!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!