Author Topic: Bad experience with Sam's Club!!  (Read 8199 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Bad experience with Sam's Club!!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
I guess customer service is a lot like car or home insurance, you pay a lot of money and don't know if it is good or bad until you need it.  I'm both a Costco and a Sam's member but have never had any issues with the product that required refunds.  I prefer Costco meat by a good margin.  However, Costco pisses me off on a regular basis by carrying something really good and discontinuing it for no apparent reason.  Next year, when we retire, I'm thinking that I should pick one.  Maybe the opposite of what my neighbor has and we can trade off for each other. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

drains

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »
Sorry about your bad experience with SAMs club. I promise you that your review will cost them more than the refund you had coming for the bad pork. You did the right thing by holding thier feet to the fire and you are right in that we accept poor service as "normal" these days. There is a restaurant depot in Houston about 120 miles south of me and I think I'll join the bbq club and go see what they got.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

RG

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »
Sorry about your bad experience with SAMs club. I promise you that your review will cost them more than the refund you had coming for the bad pork. You did the right thing by holding thier feet to the fire and you are right in that we accept poor service as "normal" these days. There is a restaurant depot in Houston about 120 miles south of me and I think I'll join the bbq club and go see what they got.

Be prepared to cry for the amount of money you'll be spending on the first trip! As I said in Greg's post, it's like BBQ Disney world!

drains

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

mizzoufan

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 08:12:38 AM »
You may be right, I don't know because I am telling you about my experience and unfortunately I have none with Hereford. I was just saying that Angus is better than just straight up beef. If money were no object I'd eat Wagyu/Kobe only :)

hey, that'd be living the dream.  I'm actually going to have to try Wagyu one of these days just so I can say I have.  But yeah, CAB is generally better than the non-certified stuff because you can't know what kind of animal it came from (in some instances, even dairy cows)...I'm just jealous because the Hereford association didn't think of it before the damned Angus people. >:(  I might also be a weeeee bit biased having raised herefords growing up until I hit 25 or so and sold all of mine, but the family still raises them. 
Steven from KCMO

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 08:04:33 PM »
You may be right, I don't know because I am telling you about my experience and unfortunately I have none with Hereford. I was just saying that Angus is better than just straight up beef. If money were no object I'd eat Wagyu/Kobe only :)

hey, that'd be living the dream.  I'm actually going to have to try Wagyu one of these days just so I can say I have. 

I went to a real, no-kidding Japanese Kobe beef steakhouse, on Okinawa many years ago.  Holy cow! (no pun intended).  It was the most flavorful, most tender beef I'd ever had, or have since.  It made a good filet Mignon seem tough, in comparison.  Unbelievable.  But hey, if I got fed beer and got massaged daily, I'd probably be a lot more tender, too! ;) ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 08:11:58 PM »
Hey, that'd be living the dream.  I'm actually going to have to try Wagyu one of these days just so I can say I have. 

I went to a real, no-kidding Japanese Kobe beef steakhouse, on Okinawa many years ago.  Holy cow! (no pun intended).  It was the most flavorful, most tender beef I'd ever had, or have since.  It made a good filet Mignon seem tough, in comparison.  Unbelievable.  But hey, if I got fed beer and got massaged daily, I'd probably be a lot more tender, too! ;) ;D ;D

LOL, wouldn't we all!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:00:19 PM by RG »

Trip

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
Apparently Chattanooga is opposite land.  The Costco over in Ringgold, GA sucks compared to the Sam's in Chattanooga for meats.  The Costco wants crazy money normally for just brisket flats.  They never have full briskets that I have seen.

Been planning to take a trip out to Restaurant Depot in Marietta.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:06:43 PM by Trip »

RG

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 09:02:12 PM »
Trip, I've not been to that one yet, been to Norcross and Atlanta. I like Atlanta better of the 2.

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 10:07:23 PM »
Hey Jason, Sorry for your bad experience. I have never had that problem at Sam's and the meat is pretty good. I recently received my membership at KCBS and have been to the Restaurant Depot a few times. First time went on the bike so just purchased 15# of bacon. Second time was St. Louis ribs and they were off the chart good, meaty and very tender. I still have some briskets from Sams in the freezer. I hope that Donna took care of business at your Sam's club. I know at mine the customer service is very good.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

RG

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
I think I was just unlucky with my local Sam's. If they would've taken care of me in house,  I would've stayed with them. I could've stayed a member and gone to another location but I didn't want to give them the message that I accept being treated that way.

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 03:27:25 AM »
Makes perfect sense. I had the same problem a few years ago at an Aldi store after they changed managers. I had been parking my bike on the front sidewalk by the store glasses. I was told that I had to move the bike by the security guard. I told him that management did not have a problem with me parking there. Management told me not to park there any more. I called their corporate office and made a complaint. I also told them was treated badly. The corporate vp called along with the stores district manager. They offered their sympathy and said there would not be a problem at that store and could park the bike in front without problems. I told them would never enter that store again. Also I would have several of their customers stop going there. I was able to get 25 other couples to stop shopping at that store. I have another Aldi maybe 10 min. from my house that I use. I am a bit like you bite me once shame on you bite me twice shame on me.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri