Author Topic: Auber sequence question  (Read 5138 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Auber sequence question
« on: January 24, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
If one walks out to the smoker, say mid smoke, is there a button to push to determine which of the 6 programs is currently running? 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Walt

Re: Auber sequence question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 01:37:05 PM »
I believe it is the "+" button.

If you want to bypass a step mid-cook, is that possible of do you turn it off & reprogram?
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

Limey

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 04:46:44 PM »
I just press set and reprogram.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
Yes, the + button shows the current step, and you can reprogram "on the fly" while smoking - I've done it many times, when I realized my original program was not what I really wanted.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 01:43:23 AM »
What if you just want to go to the next step in the program? Can you cancel the current step or would you need to reprogram the Auber?
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »
Bill, I just change the current program that I'm in to match the next program when I'm in that situation.

elkins20

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 11:47:31 AM »
Thanks Dave, today am off to get my #3, cart and auber. I have a quick question can you recommend a good labeler? I will have 2 aubers and probes. One for the #1 and another for the #3. Just for my sake I had better label them someway. OR sure as the world will try using the smaller one on the number 3. And do not want to leave them under the cover with the smokers.
Thanks again for your help Dave.
Bill
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 12:03:50 PM »
Bill, once you see it, you will know that you won't get confused.  The probe plug diameters are noticeably different.  Maybe instead of a labeler, look at some cool decals like the ones the guys are dressing up their smokers with and put a matching decal on the Auber and the smoker.  I saw a JD decal on your new to you #3 so a little JD decal on the Auber would be neat. 

elkins20

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
That is a great idea. Thanks Dave

DivotMaker

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 08:11:58 PM »
Don't stress, Bill - you won't get them confused!  Not only are the probe plugs different, but so is the box.  The 1503CPH you're getting with Ricks JD smoker is much larger than the 1200.  No worries, brother!  Just get it and smoke something! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

elkins20

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
Got the big guy home this afternoon, him and his little brother are on the back porch getting acquainted. I believe ribs are in order going to Restaurant Depot tomorrow to pick up 3 slabs. That will give me a chance to make a simple program with just times. Also quick question Tony, I should not have to AT the 1503cph? Since Rick had already done this.

DivotMaker

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »
Got the big guy home this afternoon, him and his little brother are on the back porch getting acquainted. I believe ribs are in order going to Restaurant Depot tomorrow to pick up 3 slabs. That will give me a chance to make a simple program with just times. Also quick question Tony, I should not have to AT the 1503cph? Since Rick had already done this.

You should be good to go!
Tony from NW Arkansas