Author Topic: The importance of Protein Extraction!  (Read 2559 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
The importance of Protein Extraction!
« on: August 08, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »
Some of you may have heard me talk about protein extraction and how important it is.

The guys at Walton's Inc, just posted a new thread about Protein Extraction along with a YouTube video that is well worth the time to watch for all sausage makers:

https://meatgistics.waltonsinc.com/topic/320/the-importance-of-protein-extraction-in-snack-sticks
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
Re: The importance of Protein Extraction!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:16:31 AM »
Greg, as you know, I was lucky to have some good advice before I made my first snack sticks this year. I bought a 20lb meat mixer off Craigslist and it definitely worked well for protein extraction. I have had no problems with my snack sticks. Everyone is asking for them. This weekend, Waltons is having a $5 shipping sale.  I'm definitely taking advantage of it and loading up for snack stick season !
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas