Author Topic: Tony (Divotmaker)? Mystery solved!  (Read 10540 times)

JustChillin

Re: Tony (Divotmaker)?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 07:06:29 PM »
I don't think that your comments were misunderstood. We are all family that loves smoking great food and sharing our experiences. IMO, I think that we are just all hoping and praying that Tony's health is OK.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

RG

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 03:08:15 PM »
I tried messaging him on Facebook a while back to no avail and a few days ago I posted on his wall trying to draw him out, no luck with either! I guess he has more important things going on and I wish him the best and hope all is well.
Jason from Conyers GA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 11:36:39 AM »
Sent an email to Steve and he responded.  He is truly MIA.  He will let us know if he hears anything.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

ibbones

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 11:48:59 AM »
Sent an email to Steve and he responded.  He is truly MIA.  He will let us know if he hears anything.
OK...now it's serious.  Hope he is alright and just no internet.
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 12:29:49 PM »
As I stated a few months back Tony assured me he was fine. Just a lot going on. Considering all the work he had done regarding the forum, writing the instructions and the Lazy Q book plus the testing of equipment and aiding in development, he was plenty busy and this in addition to his regular job.   And the he got the news about his health and this he explained on the forum.   Once one realizes they are not immortal it is natural to set priorities, what is important like ones health and family.  So a complete break may have been required. I called Tony again yesterday and left a message. I suppose he will return when he is ready and only if he wants to.  Until then, for those so inclined, maybe a kind thought and a prayer.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Limey

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 01:36:40 PM »
I too appreciate what Tony has done for this forum and echo David's thoughts. Is it time to think about a new moderator? Do we even need one? Weigh in please folks.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

Grampy

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
I too appreciate what Tony has done for this forum and echo David's thoughts. Is it time to think about a new moderator? Do we even need one? Weigh in please folks.
In addition to Tony (Divotmaker), BHamel (AKA-Ben from Ohio) is also listed as an administrator for this forum. Currently, things seem to be running smoothly on here and I don't see a need to abandon ship and try to find a new moderator just yet. I am sure Tony has a very good reason for being absent. Along with everyone else, I hope and pray that he is okay.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 06:16:28 PM »
I agree with Jimmy. 
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 06:33:46 PM »
I agree. BHamel doesn't seem to participate much anymore in the day-to-day posts, but is available as an administrator, and has been called on by Tony many times to resolve spam and other issues. Lets just keep posting and hope that Tony might return someday. If not, I've found this forum to be as polite, and friendly as ever in his absence, so no action has been required to police it by a new administrator. Some of us might need to STEP UP though to fill the gap of knowledge. Tony's input and enthusiasm will be missed TERRIBLY, if he decides not to return (can't image that he wouldn't at some point)!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

RG

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 06:25:20 PM »
I know I no longer have an SI but I have always appreciated the kindness shown to me here by everyone, that's why I still check in. Tony is a class act and I know he wouldn't want us to worry. I'm sure he's fine and will at some point chime in.
Jason from Conyers GA

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »
Always good to see you pop in Jason, SI or not.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Durangosmoker

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »
I, too, am worried about Tony, and sent him a private message the other day asking if he was ok.  No response.

But I would like to acknowledge and thank everyone, but notably David and Kari, who seem to have stepped up to fill the void left by Tony. By their kind and thoughtful posts, they are educating new forum members as to the proper tone on this forum (and reminding longer term members). You are helping to keep this forum the relaxed and easy place to share information about an activity that we all enjoy.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

Limey

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
+1 on Eric's comments.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

EFGM

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 07:19:55 PM »
+2 on what Eric said!
And SuperDave as well!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:28:53 PM by EFGM »
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

drains

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 01:28:16 PM »
+3 on Eric and SuperDaves comments. We should concentrate on helping others and wish Divot the best.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3