Author Topic: Christmas menu?  (Read 5909 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: Christmas menu?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 10:35:14 AM »
Right now I am leaning towards Lobster on the grill.
We plan to hike Blood Mountain in the morning, so something easy to cook is the plan for dinner!
Best Greg

Walt

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 10:42:29 AM »
This was my choice for easy Christmas dinner. Porchetta is now resting in the fridge so all i have to do is pop it in the smoker. Happy holidays & Merry Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:48:48 AM by Walt »
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

dcbt

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 10:33:04 AM »
Beef tenderloin turned out absolutely perfect.  My pops was skeptical for the past month and a half, repeating often, "You're really going to smoke this huh?"  But then he saw it, tried it, and loved it, and was asking for my methodology by the end of the night to repeat it himself.

Two 2.5lb center cut, prime tenderloins, seasoned with salt, pepper, white pepper, and steak rub.  Smoked at 200-225 for a little over an hour until internal temp got to 115.  Reverse seared on the grill at 500-600 for 5-6 minutes.  Perfect rare to medium rare finish.  Didn't think to take a pic before slicing it unfortunately.
Bryce in DFW, TX
SI #1
Weber Silver Genesis

TX Gent

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 11:01:41 AM »
Congrats on your successful tenderloin

Dad's can be critical until proven other wise ... I r'1 2 X 3 ... LOL
John ... Smokin #2  South of "Hells' Half Acre" and along ol' Deer Creek

dcbt

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
Beef tenderloin turned out absolutely perfect.  My pops was skeptical for the past month and a half, repeating often, "You're really going to smoke this huh?"  But then he saw it, tried it, and loved it, and was asking for my methodology by the end of the night to repeat it himself.

Two 2.5lb center cut, prime tenderloins, seasoned with salt, pepper, white pepper, and steak rub.  Smoked at 200-225 for a little over an hour until internal temp got to 115.  Reverse seared on the grill at 500-600 for 5-6 minutes.  Perfect rare to medium rare finish.  Didn't think to take a pic before slicing it unfortunately.

Quoting myself to add a pic, albeit of the leftovers a day later.
Bryce in DFW, TX
SI #1
Weber Silver Genesis

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 08:30:59 PM »
Where are you all getting your lobster tails from? And what kind of price are you paying? They are darn expensive here in the Midwest. Especially the Maine lobsters.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 12:03:09 AM »
Where are you all getting your lobster tails from? And what kind of price are you paying? They are darn expensive here in the Midwest. Especially the Maine lobsters.
Here in Tennessee, I buy from a place that brings there seafood up from Florida. Quality is very good and prices are reasonable. 
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector