Author Topic: My turn...  (Read 2964 times)

ibbones

My turn...
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:49:41 AM »
Howdy from South Texas. 
I have been smoking meat for a little over four years on a Big Box Store electric smoker and looking for a better one.  I have looked at the three stainless brands but made up my mind about two years ago on which one I wanted.  My smoker now in a 30" Masterbuilt and when it comes time to brisket, I have to find one that's 10 pounds or less, then fold the flat against the wall of the smoker to make it fit.    I have been reading about the #3 and size for 2+ years and knew that's the one.
I even joined this forum last year in June just so I could see the pictures.  I have been logging on five to six days every week so I feel like I already know ya'll.
  Cyber monday I had the #3, Auber, and a few goodies in my cart and the wife said "no".
Finally I saved up a few more nickels and dimes and had a #3D burning in last night.  Just in time since my son and daughter-in-law and coming in for a visit so I have a 9.97# pork butt going in tonight and we will eat it tomorrow evening.
Just wanted to drop by and say (finally) my turn to say howdy.
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

dibiase

Re: My turn...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 12:12:53 PM »
Welcome and congrats on the smoker.  I picked up my 3D a few months ago and I'm loving it.  Doing a 10 pound pork butt tonight as well.
Chris from Wausau, WI
Smokin It 3D

Durangosmoker

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 12:18:44 PM »
Welcome from the Hudson Valley, and congrats on the 3D. I'm looking fondly at that model, but have no complaints about my #2, which is currently smoking a picnic roast that I will slice for sandwiches.  You'll have a lot of good eats coming your way, once you get used to your unit.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

drains

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 02:47:44 PM »
Welcome from East Texas Bones! The 3D will meet all your expectations and then some.Congratulations!  :D
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »
Welcome Michael from SE Arizona. Looks like your wife saying no earlier was a blessing in disguise. Congrats on the 3D.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
I KNEW I felt you lurking in the shadows, Bones!! ;D   Glad to have you in the light of day, and setting off on your newfound Lazy Q lifestyle!  Pretty sure you'll tell a difference in the quality of your new smoker!

Let us know how that big 'ol butt turns out!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 09:42:48 AM »
Welcome from Delaware, Bones!   Glad to have you with us and out of the shadows!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Mr.Ed

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 09:53:21 PM »
Welcome 'Bones",

It's not been that long since I took delivery of my 3D. I flat love it. I had a little learning curve coming from the big commercial wood eaters. I had my doubts when I read only use a couple oz. of wood  ???  These machines are tight and these old (or young) pros here were right on.

Your going to love it!
Mr.Ed from Winter Park, Fl
SI 3D WIFI,
Ex Superior SS1, Ex Lang 60, Ex FBA Competitor
NRA Life Benefactor Member
Vietnam Veteran

Smokin is 1% fact, 22% manipulation of the fact and 77% speculation of the manipulation.

AlinMA

• Al
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 11:21:39 AM »
Bones....Welcome aboard from N'East MA
Al from N'East MA
Smokin-It #1
Weber Spirit 310
Maverick 733, Igrill mini
Love my Rubs

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 07:46:21 PM »
Welcome from ND Bones!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.