Author Topic: How many full size 4" restaurant pans have you put in your 3D  (Read 7099 times)

drains

Re: How many full size 4" restaurant pans have you put in your 3D
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 08:10:31 AM »
Man those Vidalia onions look fantastic. I wonder though if there might be a substitute for the Sazon con cilantro y achoite as many people, myself included, are allergic to MSG which is one of the main ingredients in that seasoning. Actually it is THE main ingredient as it is the first thing listed on the list of ingredients.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

EFGM

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »
Good question and good point. When I do mine next weekend, I am going to experiment. One batch like Mr. Ed Says, Two smaller batches each with a different seasoning. I will post pictures and detail of all three of them with notations of what seasonings are in each. Stay tuned...I will also post the feedback I get back from people.
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

Mr.Ed

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 08:04:02 PM »
Man those Vidalia onions look fantastic. I wonder though if there might be a substitute for the Sazon con cilantro y achoite as many people, myself included, are allergic to MSG which is one of the main ingredients in that seasoning. Actually it is THE main ingredient as it is the first thing listed on the list of ingredients.

Very true, If you have a MSG allergy it's a no no. People with this allergy must always read the label. Unfortunately if I substituted the sazon the Latino's here in Central Florida would drive me out of town. It's used in 80% of all their cooking, and in this dish it's a home run.

You may try Sazon Tropical NO MSG on the box in big letters. This is stronger and imparts a little different coriander flavor.   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:11:34 PM by Mr.Ed »
Mr.Ed from Winter Park, Fl
SI 3D WIFI,
Ex Superior SS1, Ex Lang 60, Ex FBA Competitor
NRA Life Benefactor Member
Vietnam Veteran

Smokin is 1% fact, 22% manipulation of the fact and 77% speculation of the manipulation.

EFGM

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 09:35:56 PM »
Doug, I find a quarter cup of water helps mix these seasonings in the pan. Keep the heat low you don't want to caramelize the onions. Best thing when done is to stir well and place in a container, refrig. overnight to infuse the full flavor of the Sazon

Mr. Ed, here is a shot of the Sazon onions before going into the refrigerator for the overnight infusion. Will take another pix in AM, let you know tomorrow afternoon how everyone liked them. I did like the flavor which is saying something because I usually pretty narrow in the menu choices.
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

EFGM

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 08:25:35 AM »
Doug, I find a quarter cup of water helps mix these seasonings in the pan. Keep the heat low you don't want to caramelize the onions. Best thing when done is to stir well and place in a container, refrig. overnight to infuse the full flavor of the Sazon

Mr. Ed, here is a shot of the Sazon onions before going into the refrigerator for the overnight infusion. Will take another pix in AM, let you know tomorrow afternoon how everyone liked them. I did like the flavor which is saying something because I usually pretty narrow in the menu choices.

Mr. Ed, all I can say is Wow. No visual difference this morning so no new picture, but you were right about letting them sit overnight in the refrigerator. The flavor really enhanced. I wish I had a picture of the look on my wife's face noting the change. Thank you again for introducing us to a new enhancement for Dogs, Burgers and or anything else one might imagine putting these on.
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

Mr.Ed

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »
Doug,
I am happy this onion recipe turned out to your liking.  The only thing I didn't see in the pan was bay leaves. This is a main ingredient. If you didn't use it please try adding them to your next one and you will see the difference.

On a side note some people don't like smoke in anything they eat...strange buggers indeed. So a small batch done in a skillet for these poor souls will make them happy. 
Mr.Ed from Winter Park, Fl
SI 3D WIFI,
Ex Superior SS1, Ex Lang 60, Ex FBA Competitor
NRA Life Benefactor Member
Vietnam Veteran

Smokin is 1% fact, 22% manipulation of the fact and 77% speculation of the manipulation.

EFGM

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 05:12:29 PM »
Well, my bad for sure. Don't know how I missed the Bay leaves. Will retry on the next burger and dog day. They were about 1/2 gone and one gentleman asked to take the leftovers. Thank you
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"