Author Topic: Newb seasoning smoker questions  (Read 9198 times)

smokeasaurus

Re: Newb seasoning smoker questions
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 05:40:09 PM »
I got the free chip tray with my #3. Chips are great for heavy smoke early on in the cook. I used chips in my #3 for seasoning along with a chunk for 4 straight days........really coated everything up nice and I haven't looked back............ 8)
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

Edward

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 06:35:47 PM »
Really appreciate the feedback fellas. Got 2 slabs in there right now smoking away. Started her at 245 central time. Going to do 5 hours & pull her to sauce then another 45 mins. Spares from Jewel nothing nice. I was such in a rush to get her going I goofed & forgot to foil the bottom. I guess I will pay the price cleaning it up. I have my Fluke thermometer in the stack with the dial set about 230. She has swung down to 204 & high as 260. Soon as I can get sum time off from the labor camp I hope to set this Auber up. Thank you all for you help!
#3, Auber w/ wall mount probe, ThermalWorks BlueTherm Duo, Maverick ET-733 w/ wall mount probe

Edward

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 06:44:08 PM »
I also received the chip tray & cover with my purchase. On these 2 slabs I added 3oz of wood- half hickory half apple. Hope she comes out ok. If not I'm willing to put the time in to get sharp.
#3, Auber w/ wall mount probe, ThermalWorks BlueTherm Duo, Maverick ET-733 w/ wall mount probe

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 08:51:10 PM »
Sounds like you're off and running, Edward!  Don't sweat monitoring the box temps...the swings will make you crazy, but they average-out just fine.  The Auber will tighten that up a lot.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!