Author Topic: Smokinlicious wood order  (Read 4411 times)

es1025

Smokinlicious wood order
« on: March 14, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
The web site appears to be not working correctly. Do you recommend that I call the company and place an order.  Based on the other posts the popular woods are cherry, maple, and oak. Would you agree? Also what size filet, double filet, and I believe get the smallest quantity possible. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Smokinlicious wood order
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:29:29 PM »
You might try a different browser to open it.  Some sites just aren't friendly to some.  If that doesn't work, call them...nice folks!  Get the double-filet size.  I, personally, order the 1 cubic foot box with 3 different woods...seems to be the best value.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »
+1 on Tony's advice, 1 cu ft box, 3 varieties, double-filet. You'll probably still have to spit the double filets to get them to fit. The 2/3 cu ft box is also a good choice. Enough wood to last quite a while since these smokers use so little. Their website is just pretty terrible. But their wood is great! You might need to try a different browser. I'm using Chrome, and it's a little weird. Safari works a little better. The link below will get you to the double-filet page. Type in your 3 wood selections in the field under the "box size" pull-down menu. My top 2 must-haves are hickory and cherry. For the third wood, I usually choose Maple. Nice mild wood. I also like red oak for beef, so I'm pretty torn on the 3rd one. If you like poultry, you might want to try pecan. I don't know if they have pecan, since I can't seem to find a list of wood species ANYWHERE on their kind of goofed up website right now. Can anyone else find a wood species list? They've changed their website, and now I don't see it. You can also ask smokinlicious for a couple samples of some other woods, and they throw them in your order for free. You can ask for them in the "wood selections" field. And the samples are enough wood for several smokes.
https://www.smokinlicious.com/double.html
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

es1025

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 05:42:15 PM »
Finally placed my order. Cherry, hickory, and maple. I also asked for some free sample based on the smokin-it recommendation. I went with the small box for now.
Ed from Northern NJ

es1025

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 01:43:59 PM »
The wood burns very clean. I put in a 1/2 of chunk sliced in two and it was perfect flavor for my pork butt. Buy this wood period.
Ed from Northern NJ

shrews824

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 12:30:15 PM »
I've been using Smokinlicious wood since about January and I really like it.  I grabbed a big box of Hickory, Oak, and Cherry.  It seems to burn a bit "dirty" for the first 15 minutes or so, but then it settles down to a nice, thin, clean smoke.  I may try something else after this box is finished (which will be a while I'm sure), but I can't see much out there being better than Smokinlicious.  Enjoy!!!
Scott
Hardinsburg, KY
Smokin'-It Model #2
Beautiful wife and daughter that are my world.