Author Topic: Diet buster ribs  (Read 4051 times)

azbohunter

• I eat, therefore I hunt and fish!
Re: Diet buster ribs
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:15 PM »
Hey Sarge, After all I have read about the two vendors you mentioned and all the points from other members, I will certainly be ordering some from those folks. Today I had to bend to what was available and I got a bag of Weber chunks in Cherry and Hickory, they are small bags and I'm not out a lot if I use them for kindling for camping after this innitial attempt. I'll foil them with hopes they don't combust.
I'll get an order in and have good wood in the future, going to do it might as well do it right.
Glendale, AZ 8 months of the year and then 4 months where ever the fish are biting best, usually along the Columbia River in Oregon.
I eat, therefore I hunt and fish! Hopefully I will learn to smoke some of it!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Diet buster ribs
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »
This 2 oz of wood and 2 hours of smoke just is giving me a problem??? like REALLY?

Azbo, REALLY!  Actually, I will typically use 3-4 oz of wood for ribs.  But, as has been addressed, it is easy to over-smoke meat, and that is very common among folks new to BBQ.  The beauty of the SI is that you don't have to jump through all those hoops to make great BBQ!  Just follow the advice of those of us with hundreds (or thousands) of smokes under our belts, and you just can't go wrong!  We will teach you the ways of Lazy Que, Grasshopper! :D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!