Author Topic: Can Model 1 be transported on its back?  (Read 1702 times)

sizzler

Can Model 1 be transported on its back?
« on: December 29, 2017, 11:48:34 PM »
Looking at a Model 1 for the RV, I would have to remove the ac cord bracket on the backet (looks to be screws) in order for it to fit in a compartment.  Is there an issue of transporting on it's back if I remove the inside wood smoker box and possibly racks?

TX Gent

Re: Can Model 1 be transported on its back?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:43:53 AM »
Howdy sizzler    I recently purchased a number 1 and it shipped without the cord brackets installed. I also didn't install the wheels as my intentions were to bring it along in the rear storage area of our RV. To transport, my plan is to use a blanket for padding and remove all the racks and wood box. The only issue I can determine is the top analog temp control switch which is about an inch+ tall. The side handles are flush so it should transport on any side or back without a problem and my only concern is vibration which the blanket should be sufficient to reduce.

I think your plan to take the #1 RV'ing is good and that's what actually influenced my purchase of the #1 over the #2 initially.
John ... Smokin #2  South of "Hells' Half Acre" and along ol' Deer Creek

sizzler

Re: Can Model 1 be transported on its back?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
TX Gent, thanks for the advice, I spoke to Steve and confirmed there is no issue transporting the smoker on it's back, placing order in a few minutes.  I just hope the outside dimensions of a height include the legs for the wheels but understand that the wheels are not included in this measurement