Author Topic: Thanks for the ad, I am sure there is a lot of great info to be found here.  (Read 1299 times)

azbohunter

• I eat, therefore I hunt and fish!
Have been smoking for around 4 years, still learning. I currently have a Masterbuilt MES 30 which has been gutted, the box itself is okay for smoking :) I removed the digital control, added a Auber PID, removed the chip tray, added a AMNPS in a mail box, now it works pretty good!
Looking at Smokin-It because of quality of product.
Glendale, AZ 8 months of the year and then 4 months where ever the fish are biting best, usually along the Columbia River in Oregon.
I eat, therefore I hunt and fish! Hopefully I will learn to smoke some of it!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Nice job on the Frankensmoker! Sounds like it is basically just a metal box now. If you enjoy that sort of tinkering, you might not enjoy the SI. Unlike the MES, these smokers are built to last. And, on the rare occasion that you might need to replace something, nearly all parts are user replaceable, and reasonably priced. You might need to find another outlet for your inner MacGyver. ;)
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
You will not be disappointed with the Smokin It models...... cant say enough good things about them.
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Have been smoking for around 4 years, still learning. I currently have a Masterbuilt MES 30 which has been gutted, the box itself is okay for smoking :) I removed the digital control, added a Auber PID, removed the chip tray, added a AMNPS in a mail box, now it works pretty good!
Looking at Smokin-It because of quality of product.
I learned long ago, invest in quality and the best you can afford and you will do well. This smoker is not only well made, but a something that you could pass down to your kids.
Best Greg