Author Topic: Thanksgiving 2.0  (Read 2253 times)

pargolfr2003

Thanksgiving 2.0
« on: November 25, 2017, 06:20:43 PM »
Dinner at my cousin's was fun but they took the easy route and served warmed over  pre-cooked, pre-sliced turkey from a restaurant. Obviously, not up to my standards so I had a Saturday "do over" and was a huge improvement.
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle
LOTS of cold beer and/or wine

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Thanksgiving 2.0
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 10:35:26 PM »
I know what you mean about wanting to take over the kitchen when I go to relatives or neighbors sometimes! I have the same warmed-over food experience at one particular dinner party every year, and most people there really enjoy the food, cuz that's how they eat. Pretty much all convenience versions of foods. Good company helps. Your rustic table/presentation is nice.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

pargolfr2003

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:21:05 AM »
Thanks Kari. Loved seeing my cousins on Thursday but the food on Saturday was much better.  Like you, I also have a poultry skin eating dog. Betsy, my Australian Shepherd was a big fan of this turkey breast :)
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle
LOTS of cold beer and/or wine

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 11:07:23 AM »
I'm sure just about all of us that went somewhere for 1.0 are looking for a better 2.0.  Our invite to a neighbor's resulted in a house cooked turkey that was pulled at 185.  The carcass imploded when we tried to carve it.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
Oh my Dave! I am surprised that it wasn't charcoal.  :o
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 05:52:09 PM »
I'm sure just about all of us that went somewhere for 1.0 are looking for a better 2.0.  Our invite to a neighbor's resulted in a house cooked turkey that was pulled at 185.  The carcass imploded when we tried to carve it.

Oh... I know what you mean by imploded! A few years back my brother made the Thanksgiving meal, and cooked it in the oven in one of those graniteware covered roasters for about 6+ hours. I was "honored" with the duty of "carving" the turkey, and in reality, my job was just digging in there with my hands to try and recover "servable" bits of meat from an unidentifiable pile of bones and flesh!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:57:59 PM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide