Author Topic: 2 Wheeled Adventures of RG  (Read 1970 times)

RG

2 Wheeled Adventures of RG
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:36:18 PM »
As some of you know I am a 2-Wheeled enthusiast. I started off as a kid on different motorcycles that were around the house at the time. Having one of my older brothers be a gear head helped facilitate that I suppose. We seemed to always have something running and if not, had friends with motorcycles that we could usually talk into letting us ride. I last had a YZ 100 as a teen but as I grew older I just gave it up. I was far more interested in girls I suppose. I got married, had kids and that was that.

I went a long time without getting another bike, I had talked about it many times but just never went through with it. There used to be a whole lot more places to ride dirt bikes than there is now and the idea of street bikes scared me. Just being honest. It wasn't that I was afraid of my ability to ride one but rather the folks in cars around me not seeing me and pulling out in front of me or into me. I've had friends be involved in motorcycle accidents, one even died.

Back in February of this year, I finally decided to put my fear aside and buy a motorcycle. I got my "M" endorsement and began to ride. I ended up selling that bike and bought a new one with safety features like traction control and ABS and I have to say, I really enjoy riding. The bike I bought is capable of astonishing acceleration but I baby it for the most part. I have my spirited moments but in no way have I come close to what it's capable of. Maybe 40% but that's fine. I like knowing it's there I guess ;) It was the same way back when I had my Mustang. I never got over 100mph in it but I knew that if I needed to GO, it was ready, lol.

One part of riding for me is to make silly little videos and find spots to take pictures. I bought a tank bag to hold my DSLR and I try to find spots to pull off and snap a picture or 10. I usually try to include the bike in the picture as well as I do like it quite a bit. Some find it hideous but I like the way it looks. It is more than just transportation, it's freedom. I can't explain how serene and at peace I feel riding down back roads on it, listening to music in my helmet via bluetooth while also hearing the growl of the exhaust. It's just like heaven to me. The sights I see from a 2 wheeled vantage point, the temperature changes from warm to cool to cold and back. The smells of the road and the woods, sometimes leaves burning or someone smoking or grilling. It's all part of the experience and I have to say, I'm hooked!

I don't have much longer before it will be too cold (for me) to ride but I may pop in here and there and add pics and videos to this thread. I may even add some food pics of restaurants that I may end up at on my jaunts about the countryside. For now, I'll leave you with a nice picture I took yesterday on the side of a country road. I liked the leaves that had fallen and thought it'd make a nice wallpaper for my desktop PC :)

Here's a short video taken right after I got back on the bike after that pic above. I did misbehave slightly so be forewarned :P

https://youtu.be/PIm7Mw46CHU
Jason from Conyers GA

TX Gent

Re: 2 Wheeled Adventures of RG
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:41:25 AM »
Congrats RG great bike!!!

Mine ...

John ... Smokin #2  South of "Hells' Half Acre" and along ol' Deer Creek

ibbones

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 11:47:48 AM »
Great video and some good looking roads.  But, that was not a V Max you were on.  New bike?
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

RG

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 03:08:37 PM »
Great video and some good looking roads.  But, that was not a V Max you were on.  New bike?

Yeah, I loved that Max but she was an old girl. She had low miles (7900) for an 18 year old bike but I wanted something a little more modern. I bought a 2017 FZ-10. It's got ABS, traction control, 3 riding modes, an accessory port that I use to power my GPS, cruise control, a quickshifter.......on and on. It's a really fun bike. Handles like nothing I've ever ridden before. I wanted something fuel injected for a change. I spent $666.67 on the VMAX, before I sold it, to go through the carbs and rebuild them so I didn't pass any issues on to the next owner. It was a beautiful power cruiser and I do miss it but when I get on the FZ I forget all about Maxine ;) They are 2 entirely different bikes, each one great in its own right.

The FZ will be a collector's bike at some point as it's a one year deal. Yamaha has always called the "FZ" line up of bikes "MT" everywhere but the states so after only one year calling it the "FZ" here, they decided to unify it and call all "FZ" bikes from here on out "MT". So you have the FZ-07, FZ-09 and FZ-10 now being called MT-07, MT-09 and MT-10. Weird, but it is what it is!
Jason from Conyers GA

RG

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 03:09:43 PM »
Congrats RG great bike!!!

Mine ...

Love Beemers and that sidecar is just bananas! I'd love to ride in one! Do you have pics of the other side? I'd love to see it.
Jason from Conyers GA

RG

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »
You can see the contrast of the 2 yammy's in this pic. Love them both but alas only room for one in the stable :(

The pic of the FZ was taken right after I rode it home so it's missing all of the mods I've done to it since buying it. Some people hate the way the FZ looks, some love it. I happen to love it. It reminds me of a Transformer :P

I took a little ride out to get some lunch then took a stroll to see my wife at work. It was a nice day to be on country roads!
https://youtu.be/rrKb8lymJMM
Jason from Conyers GA