Author Topic: Newby from kansas  (Read 4352 times)

jaka (Ken)

Re: Newby from kansas
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »
Kansas native here. Arkansas City, Kansas. Happy to see a fellow Kansan on line. I've retired in Ohio but the Kansas prairie will always be home. I just bought the model #1 since it's just my wife and me but am super excited to begin the smokers adventure. Good luck with your purchase and will watch for your posts.
Ken Admire
Retired from Navy and also oil/gas industry.
Using #3D Smoker. Started with the 2D and
loved it but gave it to one of my sons when I
bought the larger 3D.

K-stater

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 12:03:33 PM »
Azbohunter, my wife grew up in Stockton, she was a Spencer.

azbohunter

• I eat, therefore I hunt and fish!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »
Small world...I love going there for our annual archery deer hunt (if we draw as a NR) and we did this year, so looking forward to my time in a tree near Stockton!
Glendale, AZ 8 months of the year and then 4 months where ever the fish are biting best, usually along the Columbia River in Oregon.
I eat, therefore I hunt and fish! Hopefully I will learn to smoke some of it!

jaka (Ken)

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 08:57:32 PM »

Welcome from Ohio. I've learned so much from these forums and I can tell you that all the replies to your questions will most likely be to help in any way possible. At least that's what I've found. I have a #1 and it serves my needs but looking longingly at a #3. One of my sons is a KState alumni and my wife and I are native Kansans from Arkansas City, Kansas. Retired in Ohio after 45 years of refining. Miss Kansas but Ohio is our home.

Ken Admire
Retired from Navy and also oil/gas industry.
Using #3D Smoker. Started with the 2D and
loved it but gave it to one of my sons when I
bought the larger 3D.