Author Topic: New Smoker mystery parts  (Read 1914 times)

yourlaw

New Smoker mystery parts
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »
Just received my smoker #1 today and I have no idea what two of the items in there are for. They are no place on the diagrams.  If anyone knows that would be much appreciated.  I asked my friend who has a #1 he had no clue either.  He said he didn't get one with his.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: New Smoker mystery parts
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »
Pic #1 is a juice box for putting liquid in or collecting meat juices.

Pic #2 is rib hooks that I don't think anyone has ever used to my knowledge.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 06:04:06 PM »
#1 Flavor Savor. Most of us just use disposable aluminum loaf pans for liquid, snugged up against the smoke box. No washing required. Not sure if anyone uses this, especially with the #1, which is limited on space for hanging something like this from the racks. Not sure if it would be helpful for collecting drippings. Probably not in the #1.
http://www.smokin-it.com/Miss-Sasha-Belle-p/sasha.htm

#2 Rib Hooks. I got those too, free with my #1. The #1 isn't nearly tall enough to make those work, and even if you had a larger model, I don't know anyone who has used them. They are not necessary or particularly advantageous. I'm still looking for another clever idea for repurposing mine!
http://www.smokin-it.com/Rib-Hooks-p/ribhooks.htm
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:53:04 AM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

yourlaw

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:34:54 PM »
Thank you guys! I am a newbie!

yourlaw

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »
I have actually been using the flavor savor.  I just don't hang it but set it on the bottom.