Author Topic: Seasoning smoke impressions 3D  (Read 1486 times)

Caca_Dau

Seasoning smoke impressions 3D
« on: July 16, 2017, 05:05:03 PM »
I'm a veteran WSM smoker with a digital controller so my comments relate to my experience.
1.  My 3D surpasses the experiences with the WSM even with only the seasoning smoke
2.  For the seasoning smoke I used three of the provided wood blocks and split them with a hatchet.  I also used the chip screen to ensure that the wood did not catch on fire
3.  I arranged the split blocks from front to back of the smoke box to determine how the wood would smoke
4.  My 3D charred the blocks better at the back of the smoke box
5.  Smoke continued during the entire four hour period.  With the WSM I could only get smoke briefly during the cooking process during high heat periods.  Much better control with the 3D
6.  The digital controller will take some getting used to but I really like the additional control
7.  Once the heat rose to 250F the temp was rock solid during the four hour process
8.  The 3D is built extremely well.  I also purchased a stand which adds to the convenience
9.  Read all the provided instructions and additionally download them from the SI website
10.  Packaging great...  For a 100 lb unit everything arrived in excellent shape

On to the first smoke which will be a large pork loin.  Also I purchased  several large boxes of smokinlicious maple and hickory double filet chunks.  Want to buy an SI?  Go for it...  Good design and excellent warranty with plenty of spare parts available.  Should last forever...

LarryD

• 3DW
Re: Seasoning smoke impressions 3D
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:24:55 PM »
Welcome to the family and thank you for sharing!
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...