Author Topic: Possible model 1 buyer  (Read 4736 times)

topdog77c

Re: Possible model 1 buyer
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 01:13:32 PM »
I love this forum already. Let me give a little more history of why I chose this brand and model. My youngest son is getting married end of this month. So me and the boys will be cooking for the rehearsal meal. Brisket and trimmings. For what I would pay for catering, I purchased this model 2 to use. And saving much more. We will break in this bad boy Father's Day weekend. Will try to post pics of each event.

Faith
Family
Friends
Freedom

JustChillin

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 06:32:31 PM »
Congrats on the wedding! You will have some happy guest.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

drains

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »
I guarantee more than one guest will compliment you on the food. Congratulations on the wedding!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

topdog77c

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 09:57:34 AM »
Well. Got the Model 2 Wednesday just like they said. Got her unboxed and seasoned last night. Going to begin smoking some brisket this weekend. Been looking on here for ideas and tips for smoking them. Tons of information. I can't afford to screw this up, have to do 6 of them. Can I do more than one at a time in the model 2? Lets get this party started.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »
Full packer or flat only?  You are limited to rack size so folding or cutting may be necessary. Also during the smoke rotate the racks so that no one brisket stays close to the elemen for the entire smoke. I would rotate after the smoke has ceased, maybe 3 hours. This question has come up before and the search function should give you more helpful information regarding what has worked for others.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus