Author Topic: Hams  (Read 1903 times)

Triggerpresser

Hams
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
Has anyone hear done a ham?  My son has done a couple of his Weber and really brags about them.
Phil from NC - NRA Endowment Member

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Re: Hams
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »
Phil, do a search in the pork section and you will find both twice smoked ham and making ham from scratch. Both are great!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

Grampy

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 11:11:46 AM »
Phil, this is how I do a ham.

1. Coat the outside of your ham with Honey Dijon mustard and then lightly dust your ham with brown
    sugar. (Don’t go too heavy here, you will come back and add another, heavier coating of brown sugar
    later.) This will create a “paste” on your ham.

2. Add about 2.5-3 ounces of wood to your smoker and smoke the ham for two (2) hours at 225 degrees.
    After 2 hours take it off the smoker and wrap in aluminum foil. Before you close the aluminum foil
    completely, you want to baste the ham with pineapple juice. (I use a small spray bottle to spray it on)

3. Once I have basted the ham with pineapple juice and wrapped it in aluminum foil, I place it back on the
    smoker and allow it to cook for another hour at 225 degrees.

4. Unwrap the top of the ham, but keep it sitting in the foil to keep the juices from spilling. Now that the
    ham is exposed, sprinkle more brown sugar over the entire outside again. Once your ham is covered in
    brown sugar, spray it really well with the pineapple juice. This will cause the brown sugar to dissolve
    and the heat from the smoker will create a delicious glaze. Place back on the smoker for another hour
    while you allow the sugar and the juice to create your glaze.

5. At the four hour mark your ham is ready to come off of the smoker and loosely tent with foil while you
    allow it to rest for 20-30 minutes before carving.   
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »
I have only done the twice smoked ham.  Delicious!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus