Author Topic: Basic Programming Question - Saving Fish Recipe  (Read 2964 times)

joe71

Basic Programming Question - Saving Fish Recipe
« on: April 26, 2017, 04:45:44 PM »
My apologies for posting what is no doubt a basic PID question but I've poured through the directions and entered many many search terms on the forum and haven't yet found the answers.

I'm cooking salmon, which I want to cook at 190 degrees for 2 hours then step down to 160 for 4 hours (or until I take it out).  I have this all entered on my Auber PID with the remaining steps showing zero, however, when I hit set on the last step, both windows show "End End." I've tried saving this as F1 on the preprogrammed recipes but it still gives me the "End End" windows.  At this point, I just want to start the program (I could care less about saving it) but my programming skills as they pertain to the PID have failed me.  I know this is completely operator error or omission and am throwing myself at the mercy of the forum, please be gentle in your replies or point me to the correct topic where I could find the answer. 
Joe, from SE Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Basic Programming Question - Saving Fish Recipe
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »
Joe, beyond thinking that you will destroy your salmon with that combination, let's see if I can help.  do you have probes plugged in while doing the programming?  Is this a D unit?  Once you are past the setting of a particular program phase the controller remembers that setting.  If you turned the controller off and back on, your 2 set programs should be in the controllers memory.  If everything is plugged in when you turn it on it will cook to those two parameters. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Limey

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:05:03 PM »
Joe, please rethink your program for the salmon. Have a look at the posts in the forum and see what seems to work for most of us.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:28:53 PM »
That's going to be some dry salmon I think.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

joe71

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »
It is a D model, somehow I found a work-a-round on it, and yes, going to rethink the salmon program! Thank you all for your insight, truthfully, very grateful. 
Joe, from SE Missouri