Author Topic: Third Brisket  (Read 2696 times)

LarryD

• 3DW
Third Brisket
« on: March 19, 2017, 04:20:55 PM »
Just did my third brisket... this one was just < 12 lbs.  I put it diagonal on one shelf in the #2 so I could cook it whole.  I put a probe in both the flat and point.

I put it in when I went to bed and didn't expect to hear from it until the next morning.  In the middle of the night I got alerted that the flat end was already getting close to the target IT.  I got up and turned it down the rheostat from 225 to 200 for the rest of the night.  When morning came around the flat and point were much closer to parity.

It came out really nice...  ate some of it for lunch and sealed up six chunks for the freezer for future meals.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

EFGM

Re: Third Brisket
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 06:37:23 AM »
awesome looking hunk of Goodness!
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

Moscowbni

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 12:50:09 PM »
Looks like a good crust formed.  Did you reverse sear it?
Stephen.  First time smoker owner, but now getting the hang of it.  Transplanted from the USA to Kuwait.  2d, Weber Genesis Gas Grill, enjoying learning how to make new stuff.

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 04:08:11 PM »
Looks like a good crust formed.  Did you reverse sear it?

Nope... after it came out of the smoker I wrapped it in foil, wrapped that in a towel, and then threw it in a cooler for a couple hours.  The photo is right after the unwrapping.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...