Author Topic: attempt to reset my Auber controller on my 2D problematic despite instructions  (Read 3380 times)

SmokinSusie-Q

DM provided instructions to reset my controller.  Last night I finally got around to trying to follow the directions so I could get the temperature up to 350.  I pressed the set button until lck appeared and put 155 in the right window.  Each time I pressed set after that, it went through the C01, Eo1, etc just like usual for setting for smoking.  After C06 and E06 it returned to Lck which was a 0.  Again I put in 155 but the same sequence continued to happen.  I must be missing something?  I didn't have the probe in when trying this but would that make a difference?  Then when I smoked my chicken wings set at 250, the temperature rose to 250 in less than an hour, and the smoke was still heavy when the smoker cut off.  I don't recall hearing the beep from the smoker at all.  I reset the smoker to 255 but it still cut off prematurely and was still smoking heavily.  Did  that have anything to do with my attempt to reset the auber?  The wings turned out OK because I finished them off in the oven (broil).
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Sue, I recall your problem being the high alarm setting.  That is factory set at 290 degrees for AH1, the box probe.  AH2 is set at 190 degrees for the meat probe.  The code to change the AH1 and AH2 setting is 188, not 155. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Dave is correct - lock code 188 for high-temp alarm.  Not sure why your display is not going to the lock settings, though...  Try 188 and see what happens.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SmokinSusie-Q

Dave is correct - lock code 188 for high-temp alarm.  Not sure why your display is not going to the lock settings, though...  Try 188 and see what happens.

Thanks Dave and Tony.  I'll try 188 to reset my auber.  I've been away, and the weather has been bad so I haven't attempted the reset.  I'll let you know.
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Sue, do you have a regular Auber or a "D" model smoker?  If you have a stand alone Auber, do it all in the comfort of your kitchen.  The unit does not have to be plugged into the SI to make the changes.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

SmokinSusie-Q

Sue, I recall your problem being the high alarm setting.  That is factory set at 290 degrees for AH1, the box probe.  AH2 is set at 190 degrees for the meat probe.  The code to change the AH1 and AH2 setting is 188, not 155.
You are right.  The code 188 worked.
Sue
Cedar Point, NC