Author Topic: Ohhh baby, beef bacon!  (Read 6741 times)

Greenenvey

Re: Ohhh baby, beef bacon!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »
Oh Laura, that looks amazing!  Bacon & brisket...I, too, am very intrigued!
ya  got a try it some time I love it, like I always say it's not the same flavor as pork bacon , so don't expect  that. But it's delicious  in its own way.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:21:43 PM by Greenenvey »
Laura
Boise idaho/ jamestown N.D.
si.#3 standard
Si.#3D
Weber Genesis E310.

gunman9

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »
ok so you never said how you make this! do you just buy a brisket flat and cold smoke it like bacon?

Greenenvey

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 10:17:57 PM »
ok so you never said how you make this! do you just buy a brisket flat and cold smoke it like bacon?
hi I explained the details in the 6th post, thanks
Laura
si.#3 standard
Si.#3D
Weber Genesis E310.

Rockenburger

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 10:27:45 PM »
Ok! I need to try this. Will you tell us how much of what you used for your cure. Brown sugar, cure, salt and what ever else. Look great and sounds great. Thank Tim
Tim, in Tillamook Oregon, SI #4D, weber porpane grill. seafood cooker and a old charcole grill, have used old barrel smokers.      Wife, twin boys, dog, cat and a bunch of rabbits

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Greenenvey

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 09:53:20 PM »
I think the naval would be really good, bit hubby don't like a lot of fat, and the flat has plenty of fat on it because I don't trim it,it's actually perfect for us.
Laura
si.#3 standard
Si.#3D
Weber Genesis E310.

Moscowbni

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 06:45:50 AM »
I'm of mixed emotions here.  Kuwait, is a no Pork country.  So of course I dream of forbidden fruit, real pork bacon.  All you can find in the stores here is beef or turkey bacon.  In my position it is hard to imagine anyone actually wanting beef bacon, if they were able to get the real stuff.

However, after looking at what you produced, I just might have to give it a try and see if it pacifies my divergent desires.
Stephen.  First time smoker owner, but now getting the hang of it.  Transplanted from the USA to Kuwait.  2d, Weber Genesis Gas Grill, enjoying learning how to make new stuff.