Author Topic: "Smokinlicious.com" wood  (Read 70565 times)

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: "Smokinlicious.com" wood
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2016, 11:23:47 AM »
For just pork and poultry, you might want to get the two wood box with cherry and hickory.   I ordered these two last October and I still have a few pieces left...they send a lot of wood!    I am about to order the three wood box within the next month or so, and I will be going with cherry, hickory, and red oak for my beef smokes.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

eclecticitguy

« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »
Thanks guys and gal.  :)

Hey Scott, nice to see another smoker from Southern California.  I was beginning to think there weren't any others like us around.  Haha!
Will
Southern CA
Smokin-It Model 2

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2016, 11:33:35 AM »
I would second the Cherry/Hickory combo, or you could go with three and add the Sugar Maple which works well on pork/poultry.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

es1025

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2016, 12:33:28 PM »
Thanks, what size you think?
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2016, 12:39:50 PM »
I got the 1 Cubic Foot, primarily because I knew I liked all three woods and would eventually use them all up. That being said, even the 2/3's is going to be a good amount of wood.

Make sure you get the double-fillet wood chunks.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Mr.Ed

« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:58 PM »
I got the maple, oak, hickory, double fillet combo.  LOL If I had to conservatively guess over the last 45 years how much I have feed my stick burners and gravity charcoal / wood smokers I could fill a semi trailer. Many tons of wood! Now I need to think in ounces, that's KISS if I ever saw it.

I wind up splitting the fillets in to small pieces just to get the weights right, especially if I'm using a combination of woods. I have allot of free orange wood from my trees at the main homestead and it works well on lighter meats. 
Mr.Ed from Winter Park, Fl
SI 3D WIFI,
Ex Superior SS1, Ex Lang 60, Ex FBA Competitor
NRA Life Benefactor Member
Vietnam Veteran

Smokin is 1% fact, 22% manipulation of the fact and 77% speculation of the manipulation.

es1025

« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2016, 06:01:18 PM »
I'll give you all a laugh, trying to order some wood on my mac and i cannot see anything, only see single filet, double filet, charwood. Go figure!
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2016, 06:47:19 PM »
Using a Mac was your first problem. :P

Sorry, I'm a former Microsoft employee (13 Years) and can't imagine a world where I would use a Mac.

All kidding aside, I would probably just call in your order. I would also suggest asking for a few samples of some wood that you are interested in trying. I requested and got 3 samples (four chunks per sample bag) to try to see if I liked them.
Gregg - Fargo, ND

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2016, 12:37:21 AM »
I'll give you all a laugh, trying to order some wood on my mac and i cannot see anything, only see single filet, double filet, charwood. Go figure!

It's not your Mac. It's just a poorly designed web site. It's a little tough to navigate. Looks like they are using antiquated HTML for starters. And they are using a pixel width that is too wide for most laptops, so you might need to scroll left and right, as well as up and down. Normally an unprofessional looking website would be a red flag for me. But not this one. Great product, and top notch service. I ordered the 1 cu ft box, so I could get three varieties. It's well worth the few extra bucks. I ordered hickory, cherry and maple, and also asked for free samples of red oak and ash. The 1 cu ft box is plenty of wood for these smokers. You might even consider vacuum sealing part of your order to maintain the moisture, because it will be a while before you use it up. If you are having trouble getting to the right page, the link is below. Scroll down to the Double Filet section. You might have to scroll right to find the 1 cu ft variety box.

http://smokinlicious.com/index.php?Refill%20Boxes
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:40:02 AM by SconnieQ »
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

id2nv2nj2ca

• Scott Petersen Photography
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2016, 04:17:20 AM »

Hey Scott, nice to see another smoker from Southern California.  I was beginning to think there weren't any others like us around.  Haha!
I'm actually planning to move out of this communistic state by the end of the year or next spring at the latest. But for now, I live in Glendora. You?  Nice to meet you. :)
Scott P - 50 years young - Southern California

Masterbuilt Electric 40 (3 actually. It's a long story)
Proud new owner of a 4D Big Daddy.

eclecticitguy

« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2016, 02:44:01 PM »

I'm actually planning to move out of this communistic state by the end of the year or next spring at the latest. But for now, I live in Glendora. You?  Nice to meet you. :)

Haha, that's funny.  I'd consider moving as well, but there's no way my wife will let that happen.  ;-)  We live in Aliso Viejo, just over the hills from Laguna Beach.  Nice to meet you as well!
Will
Southern CA
Smokin-It Model 2