Author Topic: Auber Simple Start  (Read 29104 times)

jpittssr

Re: Auber Simple Start
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 05:21:30 PM »

Ed, I've tested this, and discovered the 1200GPH doesn't revert to program C1 when power is reset; it actually reverts to the last program you input.  I bet, in your case, C1 happens to be the last one you manually input and saved.  I attempted to confirm your theory several ways, and it wasn't the case.  Initially, mine reverted to P2, as it was the last program I input.  So, I believe that's the answer.  You might be able to confirm this.
I think you are right as far as which it defaults to.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:25:54 AM by jpittssr »

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 07:19:38 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head, Ed.  I also think this may be a bug that Auber didn't think of, or account for.  I've alerted Steve about this, and he is getting with Auber to see if they know.  It definitely has the recipe for a ruined cook, should you have a power blip!  I'll keep you all posted on what I find out.

Thanks for catching this, Ed!  I might have never noticed it, had you not found it!  With the old 1503 CPH, I always programmed it in the kitchen, during prep, then unplugged and moved to the smoker.  When I turned it back on, it ran my program.  If I had encountered a power blip, it would have started the same program over, but that probably wouldn't have been a problem (temp triggers would be hit quickly).
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SmokinSusie-Q

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 06:39:01 PM »
I just seasoned my new SI-2D and also had the H appear but eventually by some pushing set to get to the correct time and temp. it went away.  I don't know what Auber model I have.
Ed, I've tested this, and discovered the 1200GPH doesn't revert to program C1 when power is reset; it actually reverts to the last program you input.  I bet, in your case, C1 happens to be the last one you manually input and saved.  I attempted to confirm your theory several ways, and it wasn't the case.  Initially, mine reverted to P2, as it was the last program I input.  So, I believe that's the answer.  You might be able to confirm this.
I think you are right as far as which it defaults to.
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 08:21:12 PM »
I've tested this on the new SI 3D OEM controller, and it is fixed!  If you lose power, it goes back to whatever program it was on originally.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!