Author Topic: Chicken Lollipops  (Read 3508 times)

SkellyCA

Chicken Lollipops
« on: May 24, 2014, 10:16:24 PM »
I haven't tried theses either but plan to. They sound very good!

Chicken Lollipops:

Ingredients

10 chicken drumsticks
    ⅓ cup soy sauce
    ¼ cup brown sugar
    3 tbsp oil
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    ½ tsp cayenne pepper
    10 slices of bacon

Instructions

Peel the skin off the chicken drumsticks.
    Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, garlic and cayenne. Pour over chicken and toss to coat evenly. Place in the fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours.
    After marinating, drain the chicken.
    Cut around the bone close to the knobby end of the drumstick. Cut through the meat tendons and sinews and then press the meat down firmly to form a lollipop. Pull the skin and cartilage off the knobby end of the drumstick and clean it up with a knife or kitchen scissors.
    Wrap a slice of bacon around the meat of the chicken drumstick. You should be able to wrap the bacon around twice.
    Set the smoker to 250F.
    Gently place the lollipops on the smoker rack so that the bacon does not unwrap.
    Smoke the chicken for about 2 hours, or until the bacon is browned and the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Chicken Lollipops
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »
Sounds good, but I'd like to see some pics of the prep on this one.  I'm sure there's an easy technique in there somewhere... ???
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SkellyCA

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »
Sounds good, but I'd like to see some pics of the prep on this one.  I'm sure there's an easy technique in there somewhere... ???

Ak and ye shall receive...

Chicken Lollipops

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 06:03:45 PM »
Worth a thousand words - thanks!  I wasn't sure which end they consider the "knobby" end!  Looks really easy now!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!